Thursday, April 30, 2009

Memories

Our Branch Presidency is being released on Sunday. We are really going to miss Brother Pincock, Brother Barker, President Jones, Brother Burgess, and Brother Hobson. We are also going to miss their lovely wives (and Allison who is Josh's soon-to-be-wife).
I've spent a lot of time reminiscing about our adventures with these wonderful folks, who have become the real stars of my little blog. So to honor them (and to give me something to post about during a week that has been filled with weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth) I decided to dedicate one more corner of cyber space to their unparalleled leadership during the past 3.43 years. Below, you will find links to the posts that memorialize some of our branches greatest adventures. And no, you will not find a link to a post about our disastrous rafting trip that will forever live on in infamy as the day that several of us almost drowned and a the day a park ranger almost got (deservedly) lynched. That is one of those memories that is best left repressed.

Here are the top seven Parke Avenue Branch posts about activities wherein I did not have a near-death experience:

How many other branches could inspire such a great literary work? To read our "Parke Avenue Branch Night Before Christmas" click HERE


Hungry for some hot dog Jello? Click HERE and relive our branch dessert cook-off.

To reminisce about our adventures in t-shirt design, click HERE Have a sudden craving for Halloween candy and republican rhetoric? Relive our Halloween party hosted by John McCain and Sarah Palin by clicking HERETo spend time with some real "Fascinating Girls", during our enlightening Relief Society Sleep-over, click HEREFeel like reliving the now legendary branch camp out of '08? You can take a trip down memory lane (or memory water-slide, as the case may be) by clicking HERE

To get down and very, very dirty with the P.A.B., put on your four-wheeling helmet and click HERE And if you want to remember what happens at the branch when the Branch President leaves town, you can click HERE

Who ever we sustain on Sunday is going to have some big shoes and a lot of blog space to fill. And a lot of refreshments to organize.


After all, we are a hungry bunch.

And hot dog Jello is a hard act to follow.

5 comments:

angelicindy said...

I feel like I should be in that last picture since I still feel part of the ward. Does that seem weird? I'm proud to say I was one of the few, the brave, the PABines!

Kar said...

I think it's so great that the branch presidency was so fantastic that you guys are feeling sad about them leaving. I hope the next branch presidency is as awesome.

Nat said...

You guys have had so much fun! But just think-you can initiate the next branch presidency, and you'll create even more memories!

Jenny said...

i could have survived without the hotdog/jello reminder. at least my gag reflex isn't as touchy as it was a few weeks ago. :)

Jolene said...

I love you Mindy! I will still stalk your blog, and by the way, you are going to love the new branch presidency . . . President Barlow brought a tasty treat to a ward dinner in our ward once . . . you guessed it - hotdog jello! They will be so fun and they will have so much fun because of all of you!(ps my basement is almost ready!)