Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Dark, Dark Day

We just found out that our Branch Presidency, the BEST Branch Presidency in the history of branches, will be released next week.

I am sad.

I am in mourning.

I want someone to tell me that this is all just a really cruel joke that President Sagers mistakenly thought would be funny.

I want to toilet paper President Sager's home.

And his offices at the stake center and institute building.

I want the Barkers, Hobsons, and Joneses to work out a time-share custody arrangement so that I can live in their basements and attend church with them on a rotating basis.

I want to cry.

I want Chocolate.

I want a lot of Chocolate.

I want to watch this video over and over while eating chocolate.


The Church is still true, but it is going to feel a lot less like home for a while.

10 comments:

Jenny said...

hope your cookies turned out, and that they helped to cheer you up a little.

Rencher Fam said...

Oh sad...I cried when I watched the video and I'm not even in the branch!! I heard that my mom has been crying for days! Thanks for being so good to my mom and dad-it's going to be REALLY hard for them to be released.
-Jenny (Hobson) Rencher

Krystal said...

I love the video (I think that I look like a dork in all the picture I'm in but hey that me right!) It make me sad watching it I'm so not ready for this change. Well at least we get to party it up tonight.

The Jones Crew said...

I enjoyed watching the video it was fun to watch it I hope you will have a great day at school today Love Kristi

Nat said...

OH! I'm so sad for you! It sounds like they were so awesome. But maybe the next branch pres. will be amazing, as well.

I would totally t.p. And eat chocolate.

shymickeygirl said...

We will all miss them! I agree lets T.P Pres Sagers house. Chocolate is a good comfert food. Lets party tonight!Woo.

The Jones Crew said...

I've watched the video ten times and I could watch it again! I love everyone in that video. I am so grateful for the wonderful experiences we've had together. Bonnie Jones

Kar said...

You need to Deviled Egg that stake president's car. Not just egg it. Deviled Egg it. That's what the Gilmore Girls do on The Gilmore Girls. Why must people be released at all? They just released me from Young Women and I'm in mourning. And in fear. I'm so scared that they'll call me to nursery or primary. Please, oh, please, oh, please, no.....

Janiece said...

Nothing is harder than change.
You will all find that President Sagers will be just as inspired in picking the new branch presidency, and that you will grow to love them too. It is amazing how that mantle of change happens.
I know Josh has really been emotional about it, but has said for the past month that he could "feel it coming".
Hang in there...and if you run out of chocolate give me a call!

Jolene said...

Mindy - You are the cutest! I cried every time I watched the video. (I've lost track how many times!)
Thanks for making all of our singles activities famous because of all of your blog stalkers! You are an amazing person! The new branch presidency will be so blessed to have this experience with all of you!
I know it has been a great blessing in our lives!(PS My basement is almost ready for you to move in - I refuse to share custody with the others!)