After talking to a few of you after school today, I thought it would be a good idea for me to clear up a few things.
Now, think back to the start of class. I reminded you about how sick I was after I came back from grading all of those thousands of essays in Boise. Remember how I told you that the doctor finally got my test results back and discovered that I am allergic to black ink and all of the DWA essays (that had to be written in black ink) had made me OD? Remember how I told you that, from now on, all of your assignments would have to be done in blue ink or pencil? Well, that was an April Fools joke too. Black ink won't hurt me at all...so you will have to go back to your kryptonite plan to get out of your Myths, Fables, Folktales test. Good luck with that.
Oh, and to the kidlet who placed this delightful rubber insect on my water mug today, may I just say, "Thank you, whoever you are." This April Fools prank was much less traumatizing than the one I fell for last year when sweet, innocent, angel-child Cara got me to eat a graham cracker frosted with toothpaste. Just thinking about that....bleegh!!!! I think I just threw up a little in my mouth, which actually makes my mouth taste better than that toothpaste cracker did. It was that gross (shudder) .
Hummm....I guess it will take a few more years before I feel comfortable joking about that one. In the mean time, there are still a few hours left for April Fools pranks, so try it out on someone you love!
4 comments:
I've never been able to pull off any pranks. We tried to prank my dad once, and it totally didn't work. 7th graders, however, I think would be fun to prank!
I still can not believe that I let April 1st pass me by without ONE single prank pulled on any family memeber...
umph...I really need to come hang out with some great kids to get the creative juices flowing!!
glad you survived april fools! :)
Ugh. I totally hate April Fool's Day. I do NOT like being fooled in any way. Funny story though - when I got to work that day, I saw that my office manager had penciled in a patient named Michael Jackson. I punched her in the arm and said, "Hahaha! Nice one! Happy April Fool's Day!" But it turns out that he's a real person. Poor guy. After he left, I did a little Michael "EEEE-eee" song.
Post a Comment