Just Kidding!
I think!
Earlier this week, our Branch President loaded up his lovely wife and charming daughter and drove them half way across the country to visit one of his actual children...leaving us "branch children" in the capable hands of the Barkers. I thought that there was a chance that the Jones might check my blog so I put together a little "Branch Update" for them.
On Monday, we all got together for FHE.
Lacey, a.k.a. our fearless Relief Society president was late (more on that later) .
Jessica claimed she didn't do it, but there were several witnesses who caught her red-handed. Hiatt was one of those witnesses and he even demonstrated how wide his eyes were open at the time of the incident.
But even with wide-eyed witnesses like Hiatt testifying against her, Jessica wouldn't admit her guilt. Randy, a third grade teacher who spends more than a little time removing gum from various body parts, had become deeply disturbed by Sister Barker's predicament, so he jumped up and and proceeded to deliver a fiery sermon titled, "Truth Teller's Go to Heaven, But Liars Go To Heck" ("Heck" of course is the 3rd grade approved word for "Hades" which is the 7th grade approved word the place that 2nd Nephi tells us that liars go).
"Wait, wait, wait," Tricia said, "the Joneses are gone?!?!? Who is going to shake my hand or tell me how cute my hair looks?!?!?"
When we told her that the Joneses had gone to visit their daughter, things got really tense. Tricia, overcome by feelings of abandonment, started whipping out her stealthy ninja moves.
And when she found out how long the Joneses were going to be gone, she really lost it. Thankfully the Elder's quorum had just had their quarterly lesson on how to deal with irate Relief Society sisters, so many injuries (and a great deal of property damage) were avoided.
A few other interesting things have happened while the Joneses have been gone...
Remember how I mentioned that Lacey was late for FHE? Well, the reason for her tardiness was that she was using her professional nursing skills to save the life of some big wig from Washington DC.
He was so grateful that he decided the only appropriate way to thank her was to put her face on the newest crop of quarters.
He was so grateful that he decided the only appropriate way to thank her was to put her face on the newest crop of quarters.

And Lacey wasn't the only one being memorialized in a big way. Brother Barker has been a government employee for quite some time now, but with the economy down like it is, the BLM has had to find non-monetary ways to compensate their dedicated workers. Since the stimulus package was providing money for more public works anyway, they decided to kill two birds with one really big stone.

And without the Joneses here to counsel with us, some branch members have made some, shall we say "unfortunate" career choices.
Zealanda decided to give up teaching to become a pirate...

...Sister Barker left her local students to become the first intergalactic piano teacher...
...and Josh sold his Taekwondo studio and became a sith lord.
And I won't even try to tell you about what the Hobson's have been up to. We are saving all of the newspapers articles for the Joneses, but if they watch CNN with any regularity, they might already know.

...Sister Barker left her local students to become the first intergalactic piano teacher...
...and Josh sold his Taekwondo studio and became a sith lord.
And I won't even try to tell you about what the Hobson's have been up to. We are saving all of the newspapers articles for the Joneses, but if they watch CNN with any regularity, they might already know.So if you are reading this Joneses...know that you are missed. A lot.
And we are going to have a lot to talk about when you get home...
8 comments:
I can't blame them if they don't come back!
FUNNY!
I am glad to hear the voice is starting to come back!
You are so funny. And I love the interposing of faces onto movie posters. Very cool!
what the heck (hades)is happening back home??? I thought it was bad here in Mississippi when we went to the temple here yesterday (Saturday)they don't have sessions any other day of the week.... and there were only 11 members PLUS they canceled church today because of 1/2" of snow.. slush... I WANT TO GO HOME!!!:)... c u soon prez jones
Mindy we loved your blog...when we got a little homesick we read the blog and we chuckled to ourselves....Zealanda looks great as a pirate, Josh as a sith lord....and of course you as a beautiful bride...can't wait to get back to Zion!
why did i have to hear about the wedding via your blog??? ;)
ps - i thought you were BUSY up there in idaho. ha. :)
You always make me laugh. And, I'm disappointed that I didn't get an invite to your wedding. We're practically family! :)
What?!?!?!?! I just talked to you last night at the CES fireside and you didn't let on about your recent marriage! (I'm assuming it is because you obviously (from the looks of your dress) didn't get married in the temple! Well, good thing Elder Hales had advice for married couples, as well as singles!
(By the way, you make a beautiful bride!)
Post a Comment