Today is Canada Day so I thought I would celebrate by posting some of my old mission photos.
National Holidays in Canada mean one thing...a very long line at the Beer Store.
National Holidays in Canada mean one thing...a very long line at the Beer Store.
As much as I loved Canada, it was always nice when I found little pieces of my motherland...like this U.S. flag at Niagara Falls.
My favorite Canada photo is also centered around an American image...ELVIS! The highlight of my time in Brampton was talking religion and singing spirituals with Elvis at our street market booth.
It's a shame he didn't commit to being baptised. He could have recorded a duet with Gladys Knight. Then the music video for that duet could have been filmed by Ricky Schroder. Then Elvis, Gladys, and Ricky could have gone on Glen Beck's show to promote it. That would have been pretty cool, eh? Oh well.Happy Canada anyway!
3 comments:
I'm going against everything I believe in to wish you a happy Canada day. Ok, not everything. I really like the color red and Canada has that going for them, right?
Happy Canada Day!
I was thinking yesterday about how it would be Canada Day today... but apparently I forgot. Thank you for reminding me!
Chris
happy canada day, you silly girl. did you ever try tracting outside those beer stores? maybe people would have been interested. some of them may have forgotten to bring a book to read while they waited and would have welcomed the diversion . . . you never know. :)
Post a Comment