Sunday, July 27, 2008

We Were Bored

After five days as a full time guide for team Siberia, I am officially sleep deprived. And not just the yawnnnn every five minutes kind. We are talking failure to pass a sobriety test sleep deprived. Night of the living dead sleep deprived. Seeing things that aren't there sleep deprived. Using Nair to write my brother's name on his leg sleep deprived. Greg, on the other hand, has been getting record amounts of sleep over the past week, so I don't know what his excuse is. He doesn't look coerced in any way, right? There was no water-boarding involved. He actually thought that this random misfire of my exhausted brain was a cool idea.
Greg's first comment after removing the Nair: You know you're a redneck if you shave your legs for identification purposes.
Greg's second comment: Now lets do my last name on my other leg!

Please remember that this time it was HIS idea. The older boys must have dropped this kid on his head a few more times than they admitted, eh?I don't know if it was the adrenaline that comes from doing something stupid, or the fumes from the hair removal cream, but in the 15 minutes it took to do this, I kind of forgot that I had gotten less than 10 hours of sleep all last week. I was too busy giggling gleefully to be tired.

But the adrenaline/fumes rush wore off about the same time Greg washed the Nair off and now all I can think about is getting some sleep...and after that Greg and I should probably both get lives.