Monday, July 27, 2009

Last Words

"Ummmm... Timbri, are you sure this is safe?"
"Hey Sister Barker, you were right! This isn't so bad! In fact, it's kind of fun."
"Wow. Lacie and Lisa are coming at us kind of fast, but they're not going to hit us, right?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Phew! That was a close one. I thought we were all goners!"
"It should be smooth sailing from here on out though....right? RIGHT?!?!?"

"Hold on girls! We're going in!" And we did.


But it was OK.


Turns out, being dumped out of a watercraf is no where nearly as terrifying when rapids with sharp rocks aren't involved.
Who knew?

Thanks to the Hobsons and the Barkers and everyone else who made my latest near-death experience possible.

And a special thanks to Sister Barker who pulled off this daring stunt.




Sister Barker, you are the wind beneath my wings.
And Brother and Sister Hobson, you are the speedboat attached to my inner tube.
Love ya!

6 comments:

Kar said...

Hahaha! Ohhhh, I love tubing. Especially double-tubing. But I do hate going into the water. It feels a little bit like cement when you fall out going 30 mph.

Jenny said...

milo evidently likes the boat motor sound - he stopped fussing.
thanks. :)

scottandsuebarker said...

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen me do! Thank you, Mindy and Sister Hobson for getting me on video--my husband and children will believe me now! My grandchildren will think I'm the coolest grandma ever!

Nat said...

Oh, the first dump is the worst. After that it's okay. But I always dread that first one. You did awesome!

SAYDA said...

Holy Cow!!! I never imagined Sis. Barker being THAT brave! I can't wait to show it to Bree. She will be our hero.

This is such a fun post. You are too funny. I loved it!

shymickeygirl said...

Wished I could have been on the boat those darn extra people. Are we still on for the 17? You said I had to go on the tube with you. Hope it is fun for me as it was for you.