At first I thought that I was in heaven.
... and comforting visions of those those," which I have loved long since, and lost a while." (name that hymn!)
Then President Jones appeared and the "heaven" theory got shot strait to heck.
Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that I don't think President Jones has a shot at heaven. Personally, I think his chances at exaltation are exceptionally good, no matter what the stake president says.
Its just that when he announced that he had only brought helmets for the people he loved, and I remained thoroughly helmetless, Heaven seemed like a pretty unlikely scenario.
That's when I slowly began to realize that I wasn't dead, I was dreaming.
And it was a good dream.
Sure, I was helmetless, but I was being chauffeured around the countryside by Princess Smooth-Ride McSpeedster herself. Who needs safety gear when you've got 4-wheeling royalty at the wheel?
I knew for certain that I was dreaming when the cowboys appeared.
My dreams always include cowboys.
Cowboys in jeans, hats, and chaps.

Yeeee Haaaaaaa!
It really was a good dream.
But, as with other dreams, things eventually started to get a little wacky.
Krystal turned into a raccoon, Lisa suddenly grew a uni brow, and Jill and Elizabeth stated looking a lot like lamanite women... lamanite women who co-own a tanning bed. At that point, I started wondering what I had eaten before bed to cause such disturbing images to haunt my dreams. I mean, I've heard of "dirty dreams" before, but this was just plain ridiculous.
I saw other strange things as well. Dreams can do that to you.
At one point, President Jones and Brother Hobson gave a mini class on mining techniques and homesteading laws.
I dreamed that their lecture was so persuasive, Lacie and Elizabeth decided to give up nursing and teaching (respectively) and stake a claim themselves.

We left the girls in their gold mine, and suddenly I was driving a 4-wheeler through the mud... WAIT A MINUTE. That can't be right.
That's much better.
I dreamed that we all took turns riding the 4-wheelers up and down the mountain and NOBODY was maimed or lost....
Well, some of us got a little bit lost, but that is to be expected in dreams, right?
The dream ended with Brother Hobson buying us lemonade from some little blond kids who magically materialized in the street. Random? Yes. But randomness in dreams can be oh so refreshing!

And then I woke up and immediately started to write down my dream in blog post format so that I wouldn't forget a single, fun-filled, dust-covered second of it.
And now that my dream has been recorded for posterity, it is time to turn my attention to decoding the symbolic messages and meanings hidden within my my dream... and de-manuring my not-so-symbolic poop splattered shoes.
Maybe, if I go to bed early tonight, I will dream of handsome chap-wearing cleaning cowboys and wake to cow-pie-free footwear.
A girl can dream, right?


7 comments:
I love dreams like that!!!!
"lead kindly light" - what do i win for getting the hymn right?
i'm glad you didn't get hurt in your dream. now you can check 4-wheeling off your list and NEVER DO IT AGAIN.
Hey, that pic of me is currently my default pic on my myspace page. I didn't know you dreamed about me driving the 4 wheeler up the mountain. That pic will soon be my default on facebook as soon as I stop writing this. Good Times...in dreams.
Hahaha! The dirt face pictures are my favorite. Four-wheeling is sooooo dirty. Which is why I don't really like it.
Clean cleaning cowboys-who DOESN'T want to dream about that??? What a fun activity-er, I mean, dream.
We loved your dream. It was amazing! You are awesome... the way you write and express yourself. Wish I had that talent.
A trip to the Mansion! So much fun! I especially enjoyed the cowboy part ;).
Post a Comment