Happy 4th of July! I hope you are having a great week there at the MTC. You sound so good in your letters; keep up the great work!
When I was serving, the two 4th of Julys that I missed were the days that I was the most homesick (but don’t tell Jenny that - - I told her that I was the most homesick the day she got married). I hope this package helps ease the pain of missing out on Mom's favorite day, but if the included goodies don't help, just remember that it is also Dad’s grumpiest day. That should work!

You should start the day with a couple of Advil, just in case you get to feeling like you have a case of Warren’s annual 4th of July strep throat. Remember spending the holiday stepping over his virus-riddled almost-corpse? Your big brother sure knows how to party, eh?

I know how much you enjoy spending time with your nieces and nephews, but try to appreciate the fact that you get to go two years without serving as their human Kleenex. If that cheerful, yet mucus-covered thought doesn't help, munch some of these Sugar Babies if you start missing Warren’s girls. Oh, and these Sour Patch Kids should bring back some vivid memories of Jenny’s kids. Plus, the cavities they will give you should come close to same pain you felt every time the niblets "accidentally" hit you in the mouth with their swords.

Mom’s favorite part of the 4th of July is hosting all of the people who come for the parade, so here are some “mixed nuts” to represent all of the assorted nuts from the ward and our family who end up on our lawn.

I’m sure you won’t miss the sticky, obnoxious stress-fest that is the annual 9th Ward snow cone sale, but here is a little something to help you relive the smell of the parade. They didn't have any horse-poop candy, but the cow poop candy should help get you in the spirit of things.

Taking the kids to the zoo is getting to be a 4th of July tradition, so here are some animal crackers for you to look at so you don’t feel left out.

You probably won’t miss wrecking your arm muscles cranking the freezer, but these Baskin Robins Candies should help in case you have a craving for mom's homemade 4th of July ice cream (Since you and your big, strong arms weren't here, we actually decided to use the electric freezer this year... but we will make sure the hand crank freezer will we all ready for you when you come home) .

With the economy continuing to tank, I hear Melaleuca is cutting back on the fireworks display. So between the “fire” gum, pop rocks, and the glow sticks, you might be getting a better show that the rest of Idaho Falls.
We all love ya, and miss ya, and love ya some more!
Tchau! (or some other such Portuguese nonsense)
Tchau! (or some other such Portuguese nonsense)
Mindy
P.S. Jenny and her family won't be there either, but SHE doesn't get a care package ;) If that doesn't make you feel special, then nothin' will.
And to the all of the non-missionaries out there...
P.S. Jenny and her family won't be there either, but SHE doesn't get a care package ;) If that doesn't make you feel special, then nothin' will.
And to the all of the non-missionaries out there...


5 comments:
Did you seriously feel more homesick on the fourth than you did the day i got married???
Thanks for the pictures from today. Not quite a care package, but still nice to see.
You have to be the best sister in the world. That is the greatest package I've ever seen. So sweet and creative.
I hope you use the "flat rate" priority boxes. I never knew about them until last year.
I think care packages are the greatest. I'll bet Greg really appreciated that. And the post was adorable and clever, as usual. I'm your biggest fan!
The 4th is so fun! And your care package rules, as do you. I bet he LOVES getting it!
I hope Greg doesn't get a sugar coma. That is a whole lot of candy. Do you think that will last for a while? Very cool post of the 4th of July in I.F. Your fireworks were probably better than Burley's couldn't see them from the Burley boat docks. Cory and I left because they couldn't be seen from where we were. had better view of the neighbors bottle rockets from our house.
Post a Comment