Obscenely Boring!
Empty walls and covered book shelves?
Exhaustively Boring!
I miss pointing at things with my noodles.
I miss telling really stupid jokes that the seventh graders spent the rest of the day repeating to each other.
I miss the silence after my really good jokes sailed right over their confused little heads.
I miss the way they jump and squeal when I smack the desks with the blue noodle.
I miss the little notes they leave on my desk when they think I'm not looking. The notes that ask for seating chart changes. The notes that tattle on the kid who took two mints before the quiz. The notes that thank me for letting them be the lead surgeon in the sentence dissection relay that morning.
I even miss the way those girls in the honor's class spent half of each B-day pretending they were cats.
Today I tried to expend some of my pent-up teacher energy by explaining the wonders of prepositional phrases to Chloe, but that didn't work out so well.
The poor little pooch got so bored she ran away and hid under the table.
Chloe, I know exactly how you feel.
Wake me up when school starts.
5 comments:
"I miss the silence after my really good jokes sailed right over their confused little heads."
Mindy, you crack me up!
School's a-comin' WAY too soon for me. Jakob starts this fall in Kindergarten-YIKES! And we register him in a few weeks! Craziness.
Come visit me! I'll keep you entertained!
~Kiersten
poor chloe. what did she do to deserve english lessons???
you're so funny. it seems like you won't have too many boring days once the temple stuff is in full swing. :)
Only about a month left Mindy- hang in there!
You are welcome to come organize my filing cabinet full of teaching stuff... I just can't motivate myself to face it.
Post a Comment