Thursday, June 12, 2008

Temple Blessings

I have been excited about the Twin Falls Temple ever since they announced its construction way back in 2005. I didn't take these pictures, but I have paid close attention as the temple site went from this... ...to this....
...to this....
...and finally to this. Now were are a month away from the start of the open house just when I thought things couldn't get any more exciting, THEY DID! Two weeks ago, I got to sign up to help with ushering, booties-placing, and cleaning duties. I was so excited to get to participate in the open house, I didn't think life could get much better. Then tonight I got a call from the stake Relief Society Presidency and was asked to be an open house hostess as well. All of the FHE lessons our branch has had on saving money must have sunk in because in an attempt to save on gas money I signed up to be a hostess at 7 a.m. on the same day that I usher in the afternoon and clean the temple at night. It will be a long day, but really, can you think of a better place to be for a whole day? Plus, by being a first shift hostess, I get to attend the start of the day prayer meeting with Elder Nelson, our Area 70 and a counselor in the temple presidency. The REALLY REALLY EXCITING invitation came on Sunday when my stake president invited me and my friend Zealanda to be....
...in the temple with President Monson during one of the dedicatory sessions. How amazing will that be? I get to be in the same room as the prophet as he dedicates my temple. Well, not MY temple, but you know what I mean. Talk about temple blessings, eh?


2 comments:

Jenny said...

you're going to be very busy with the new temple. how exciting! hope you'll keep us posted!

Becky said...

That is so neat Mindy!