In two weeks, the junior high will be invaded by hordes of 6th graders. They will spend the afternoon, touring the school, meeting the teachers, opening the lockers (or, at least, trying to open them), and watching the 12 minute orientation video...that I still need to make.
For the past few years, the highlight of the orientation video has been the shower song, a musical number designed to calm the almost-kidlets' fears about showing after PE. Each year, we rewrite a popular song to be about post-PE showers. Last year, Gangnam style became "Shower PE Style". Before that, there was a song and dance number to the tune of Party Rock Anthem that went something like, "PE is on our minds tonight, exercising is a really good time. Don't let the showers make you lose your mind, they can help you to smell just fine.... Everyday I'm showering."
This year, a very honorable honor's kidlet took the initiative to rewrite "Do You Want To Build a Snowman?" for this year's shower song. Today, the rest of the honor's class took some time to bring his vision to life. They did a great job, especially considering we only took about ten minutes to practice, plan, and rehearse. I hope the 6th graders think the song is as awesome as I think these 7th graders are. It is a shame they will have to become 8th graders next year. Perhaps I should consider failing them all so I can keep them another year?
Shower Song 1 from Mindy Haws on Vimeo.
Two minutes of the orientation video down, ten more to go!
1 comment:
Hahaha! Oh my GOSH, that was so funny!!!! You have GOT to put this on YouTube, Mindy. It will seriously go viral. HI LARIOUS. You guys are so creative!!!!
Post a Comment