A while back, the kidlets competed in a National History Day competition at school. Then, because they would have another opportunity to present their projects a few days later at Family Reading Night, many chose to leave their projects at school for the rest of the week.
That wouldn't have been a problem, except that they left their projects on the stage... which happens to be right outside my classroom.
Which meant that, every time I walked though my classroom door...
...Particularly later on in the evening when the school was pretty much empty except for me and the custodians...
...I would get a few yards into the dark, eerily silent cafetorium (cafeteria/auditorium) and then catch sight of an unknown person lurking in the shadows, watching me. And then I would jump about a foot in the air and suffer extreme heart palpitations.
You would think that after one or two times of being thoroughly startled by this life-sized educational display, I would remember it was there and have a near heart attack every time I walked to or from the workroom, the mail room, or the bathroom. Yep, that's what you would think. But you would be wrong. Because it scared me more than once a day for a week. And that's not counting the frights his buddy, the life-sized cardboard cutout of one of the kidlet's missionary brother (his presentation was about the Rights and Responsibilities of LDS Missionaries).
Although I have to admit that I was impressed with the kidlet's ingenuity, next year, I hope they go back to using gold old fashioned tri-fold poster board.
And speaking of the kidlets, if you missed this skit on Studio C, or didn't click on the link I posted on Facebook, you have to watch this. It might be the funniest (and maybe truest) on the internet.
And then, if you somehow missed this one on Facebook, you should check it out too.
1 comment:
At least they didn't have a cut out of a weeping angel, right?
The Frozen video is spot-on. Loved it. The jr. high one makes me sick. Ack. Poor kids.
Post a Comment