Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Flashback to Spring Break

Spring break ended over a week ago and, since the kidlets and I are currently knee-deep in new tests, it seems like a good time to review what a nice break it was.

I got to help celebrate the Monchichi's birthday and watch as she and Kenna tried out her new ballet DVD. Needless to say, they have much smoother moves than their aunt.

We also used Grandma's fancy-scmancy croissant recipe to make cronuts (croissant-doughnuts). They were very yummy... probably because they violate every rule of healthy eating, twice.

We also introduced Kristie to cronuts, but she was more interested in playing with them than eating them...which is probably why she will out-live the rest of us by 40 years or so.
 I got to go on a couple of fun dates with Milo, including a trip to McDonalds where he had his FIRST EVER Happy Meal. Seriously. The kid had never had one before. No lie. Poor little guy.

His mother managed to distract me from filing a complaint with Child Services by taking me out for some seriously awesome food... a visit to a gourmet grilled cheese food truck, a stop at our favorite Cupcake Wars winning cupcake boutique, and lunch at New Jenny's street taco place.


I got a lot of Utah niblet time in. I watched Jonah and John's soccer game with Max, went ear ring shopping with Ruby, cheered on Bentley when he solved his Rubics cube, and made Stormageddon cry just by looking in his direction.

The little guy has hit that stranger-danger stage and went scrambling towards his momma if I even looked like I was thinking about picking him up.

Spring Break ended with our stakes celebration of the Women's Broadcast. Our presidency was able to work together with the stake Primary and Young Women's to put on a nice post-meeting shin-dig complete with refreshments and free photo shoots. My pal Val even defected from the other stake to come and hang out with me that night. Thanks Val!

 Oh, and did I mention that Brianna and Spencer had their little Morgan Joyce?


It was a nice break, but it was also nice to get back in the swing of things. And boy oh boy, did things get swinging again pretty fast.

Three days after the Women's Broadcast, our stake Relief Society dinner centerpieces were liberated from my guest room, given a make-over, and used to adorn 44 tables at the Stake High Priests Dinner.

And now I am looking forward to a few more rounds of testing, a stake auxiliary training, the 6th grade orientation, the 7th grade honors English preposition walk to DQ, Parent-Involvement training meetings, school leadership team meetings, district leadership team meetings, and yearbook distribution.

So it is probably a good thing that summer break won't be too far behind.

2 comments:

Kar said...

It makes my heart happy to see how involved you are in your niblets' lives. :)

Jenny said...

We're so glad you could come visit us over spring break.

We are also glad that the end of the school year is in sight.