The kids are done at 12:45 on Friday and, since I will be spending Friday distributing yearbooks (if they ever get here....which is a subject for a completely different, angst-filled post), I figured I should get my classroom cleanup done before that.
I have a lot of quotes and sayings and jokes plastered around my room that have to be put away for the summer. For the past few years I have tried to pick an uplifting spiritual thought as my own personal theme for the year. Last year, it was this quote from Elder Marion D. Hanks. My grandmother had typed it up many, many years ago and stuck it in with her journals. I thought this thought was especially appropriate for junior high life.
This year, my theme was more service oriented. I kept the words to one of my favorite hymns by my computer screen as a reminder.
And a few months ago, I added this handout from Relief Society to my board behind my desk.
Some days, with some kidlets, I really had to look HARD. But I think it was beneficial enough to earn a repeat performance on my board next year.
I was really sad to take down all of my awesome English teacher thoughts that have decorated my door for the past semester.
Some of them, the kids "got" right away.
This was one of their favorites. Some of them would read it out loud - pausing at the periods - every time they walked through the door.
Other signs took the kidlets a little longer to "get".
I love this one, although it's awesomeness was a little lost on 7th and 8th graders.
Just this week, I had a couple of girls come bounding into class because they finally understood this one. It's my favorite.
Dave, our new librarian, really enjoyed reading my door. He has even found a few new signs and sayings that I can't wait to put up on my walls next year.
The 7th graders are going to love (and mimic) this one.
I guess I should probably get my room completely "put away" before I start decorating for next year, right?
But I think the fact that I am already looking forward getting my room ready for next year is a good sign. I really do have the best job in the whole world.
But it is also one of the most exhausting jobs in the whole world, so I am going to go to bed now.
Where I will probably have more nightmares about our MIA yearbook shipment.
Yikes.
2 comments:
Keeping my fingers crossed that your yearbooks show up asap.
Those signs are hilarious! I would be like your janitor, pausing to read your door every time I walked by.
Post a Comment