Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Sweetheart of a Mom...

A few weeks ago, my mom's sisters sent her this clipping from their hometown paper. Although my dear, sweet mother was a bit annoyed at the thought of qualifying for the "Yesteryear"  segment, I think she still enjoyed the reminder of her cute and distinguished past.
I wonder if this adorable high school cheer mascot had any idea how many years she would be spending in bleachers cheering for her assorted baseball, softball, volleyball, soccer, football, and basketball playing sons and daughters. And that isn't even factoring in the time spent on those bleachers supporting her marching/pep band boys.
I'm willing to bet that teenage Joyce was oblivious to the idea that all of her silly songs, cheers, and skits performed in the school gym were preparing her for all of the silly songs, cheers, and skits she would later perform as a cub scout den mother  for 20 plus years, or as a girls camp leader the last few years.
Those pep squad skills have really come in handy over the years.
And now that she has three cute little, princess-loving granddaughters, even her tiara-wearing, parade-waving, beauty queen skills are going to be put to use once again.

A sweetheart then, still a sweetheart today. Happy Mothers Day, Mom!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

love it, love the photos, and love our mom.

Kar said...

Those photos are fantastic!!! She is so gorgeous. And so, so kind. I can't get over how much Jenny looks like her!!

SAYDA said...

Aw... I loved all the pictures Mindy! What a beautiful post.