Janiece tagged me for this post-tacular photo.
Here are the rules:
1. Take a picture of yourself.. riiiiiight.. NOW!
2. DO NOT change your clothes. DO NOT fix your hair.. Just take a picture.
3. Post that picture with NO editing.
4. Post these instructions with your picture.
5. Tag 5 people
And now, in internal injury news: Since discovering that my well-intentioned prescription pain medication makes me more nauseous than my pregnant sister on a roller coaster after eating a large order of nachos, the three items in the photo below have become my new best friends. I even took my nice little pillow to school with me today and only have to suffer through a small amount of mocking from the kidlets. It's a good thing I didn't show up to class with the warm rice baby stuffed down the back of my pants or the kids might have busted a few of their own ribs laughing at me.
But I decided that as long I as was going to be teaching school with various snapped and bruised bones, I might as well have some fun with it. I told each class about my broken tail bone and bruised ribs as a lead-in to our post vacation poetry project. Here is my example...
Ouch!
Bruised ribs.
Crunched tailbone aches.
Sitting down really hurts!
Pain! Oh the painful pain!
I broke myself over Christmas break.
Yikes! My Christmas vacation was very painful.
But it could have been worse.
No stitches, surgeries, or casts.
Only one doctor's visit.
I love Tylenol.
My backside
hurts.
The fun part was telling each class a different story about how I broke myself over the break.
First hour thinks I fell out of a tree while rescuing the new kitten of a neighbor child. The kid's family was so poor that the only present the little guy got was a kitten from the pound. When the kitten climbed a tree and an eagle was circling threateningly overhead, I overcame my fear of heights to save the kitten from the jaws (or would it be "beak") of certain death but busted my back side and side-sides in the process.
Second hour thinks I fell while trying to help a little old lady cross a very icy, very busy street during the post-Christmas sales rush. She had gotten stuck on an icy patch and I had to rush out into traffic to help her avoid the oncoming cars. I slipped on the ice in the process, cracking my tailbone and ribs.
Third hour got a less heroic tale. They think I was injured in a crowd surfing accident in Las Vegas. I had gone down to celebrate New Year's with my Vegas-dwelling-buddy-Brook and ended up at a Bon Jovi concert. I decided to try crowd surfing, but ended up getting dropped and danced on when Paris Hilton walked in and distracted the crowd upon which I was surfing. Hence the broken tail bone and bruised ribs.
Tomorrows classes with get different stories and I am really looking forward to the kidlets all getting together to try to figure out what what really happened. I'm thinking about a possible bear attack while hiking and I am going to have to work Vin Diesel into at least one of my tall tales...I do have a reputation to uphold, don't 'cha know. And anything that distracts them from the fact that I am sitting on a doughnut is a GOOD THING.
4 comments:
Did the pic tag. Ay yai yai!
I love that you've made up different stories for each hour about your tailbone. I'm sorry about the cushion thing. There was a girl in junior high that carried one around for a while-I think she had back problems. I thought it was weird, but then again I didn't realize about the back problems until I was older-I just thought she hated sitting on the hard chairs or something.
Holy Cow, Vin D. was trying to learn to snowboard at pommerelle and went off the trail and as you were saving him he knocked you over...but hanging on for his dear life he crushed your ribs!!
WHERE HAVE I BEEN!!!
You crack me up (ok maybe that isn't the best choice of words)
Janiece tagged me for the picture tag, and I did it. I just need to get the dang picture off the camera now. Your picture looks a WHOLE LOT BETTER than mine does. You'll see. I love that you told each class period a different story. That's awesome.
Good luck with the broken tail bone thing. My mom did that 8 years ago and it still hurts from time to time.
Post a Comment