Wednesday, September 24, 2008

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!

Guess what? Somebody likes my blog! Two somebodys, actually. My sister-in-laws sisters Nat and Kar (both super moms and super blogers) nominated me for this very prestegious icon that you see below.

It's pretty, isn't it? But it is even more pretty to me because I won it. I'm a winner. So now when I stand in front of my mirror to do my daily affirmations ("I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people LIKE me!") I can really say it with conviction.

Part of the honor of being chosen for this "bloggy" award is being able to nominate other blogs. It's kind of like those acceptance speeches you hear at the Emmys and the Oscars, except that the thanks are genuine and there aren't any snarky political comments tacked onto the end.

So before the director starts giving me the cut sign and the band tries to play me off, I would like to nominate...




Natand Kar. Their blogs detail the lives of their cute little families. It is really nice to come home after a day filled with the after-effects of neglectful parenting and see that there are still really, really good parents out there. Reading their blogs make my heart happy.





And speaking of happy hearts, I also nominate my sister Jenny and my sister-in-lawBecky. Their blogs are dedicated to my adorable nieces and nephews. I love looking at the photos they post and the stories that they share from their very exciting mommy lives make me feel lucky to get as much sleep as I get, and that I don't have any extra bums to wipe.

And speaking of bums to wipe, you have to check out The Pioneer Woman. When I grow up, I want to be her. Really.




I would also like to nominate my friends and fellow charter members of the Parke Ave. Branch. Cindyis...well...she is amazing. And fun to take temple trips with. Krystalwould also be very fun to take temple trips if she didn't spend all of her time working and attending college. Slacker. And of course, my friend Elizabeth who just started her blog and actually has two whole posts done that prove she has a lot of potential.


Now all of you nominees can paste the icon on your blogs and nominate others. For more info on that, click on the links to Nat and/or Kar's blogs above.

There are many other friends and family members I would like to nominate (including my pal Zealanda who is in the process of starting her blog which I'm sure will totally rock) but I am running out of time and space and I still have to tell you why this double bloggy nomination made me so happy...

It was nice to know that I am good at something this week since I have been such a bad teacher. You see, ever since I bought this darn book, all I want to do is read it.


I am not a patient reader. I like to buy a book and read it all in one day, then reread parts of it for days afterwords. That usually works out for me, but this week has been so blastedly busy that I am having to read the book in tiny snippets...I hate tiny snippets.

I managed to walk, go over my institute lesson, and get ready for school in time to read a few pages before heading out to school ...
Where I turned on my computer and continued reading until the kidlets came in and demanded to discuss the Jonas Brother's upcoming appearance on Dancing with the Not-Quite-Stars.
I did mange to fight the urge to read a chapter or two while hiding under my desk during 1st and 2nd hour. By third hour, however, my resolve had weakened. I needed a fix and I needed it quick. And if you look closely at the photo below, you can see I gave in to my need...my need to read. In my defense, this is the honors class and they were working on a way easy speaking assignment. Way easy. They totally didn't need my help. And it's not like I left them all alone. I mean, if they had a question they could have asked me, I was right there. Yep. Right there. At my desk. With my feet up and my book open. Not my finest moment.

So thanks Nat and Kar, thanks for reminding me that I'm good at blogging. At least when I get fired from this job for gross negligence I will have something to fall back on. I could trade in my cool "I (heart) your blog" icon for a "will blog for food" icon.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go teach an institute class...and then come home and finish that blasted book.

5 comments:

Janiece said...

You can come hang out in my little bog world anyday or my really boaring real world...
I love your blogs they make me very happy!
Now, I am off to check out your friends blogs!!!

Nat said...

Mindy, you're so cute and sweet and funny and AWESOME!!! End of story. It was easy to nominate you because I truly LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

P.S.-Is that book part of the series of his other books (whose names I can't recall right now...Elder and something else...)?

Janiece said...

by the way...I am pretty sure your kidlets think you are the coolest teacher in the world...I mean really check out the book you are reading ...AND you know who the ...some brothers are...
YOU ROCK!

Kar said...

You're cute. I suppose I should maybe read those books? I always saw my students reading them. I need to find another series that my husband will read. I'm trying to turn him into a reader. It's like pulling teeth. He did read all of Twilight and adored them, though, so.. small victories.

Jenny said...

congrats on the award and thanks for passing it on! :)

hope you were able to finish reading your book!