This is me Tuesday night BEFORE getting set apart as an institute teacher...
...and this is me AFTER getting set apart as an institute teacher.
How concerned should I be that the two photos look almost exactly alike? I mean, it's not like I was expecting the same kinds of changes that a radio active spider bite might cause
(although, how cool of an institute teacher would I be if I could conduct class while sitting upside down on the ceiling?) but I was hoping for, at very least, a slightly more mature aura. And maybe the desire to trade in my iron man backpack for something a person over the age of 8 might want to carry. Oh well. I guess the nice peaceful, comforting feeling that came with my setting-apart blessing will sustain me for a while
(until I can find myself a radio active spider).
Spending the afternoon at my beautiful new temple helped a lot too. I'm pretty nervous about teaching Wednesday night, but if it wasn't for my time in the temple and my beautiful blessing from the stake presidency, my after photo would look a lot more like this...

Thanks to
The Pioneer Womanfor this fabulous photo. Immediate family excluded, she is my favorite blogger. I highly recommend her site! So if this new calling kills me, you all can read her blog instead. And on that cheery note...I'm going to try to finish my visual aids for tomorrow night.
4 comments:
Congratulations!
You will be such an amazing mission prep teacher!
And you do look radiant!!!
So, did you teach last Wednesday? How did it go?
Thinking of you!
Oooh, so how did it go? How fun! People who actually want to be there!! (Versus junior high kids, many of whom hate English.)
you're going to be great. :) good luck w/ week #2. :)
Post a Comment