Sunday, May 18, 2008
The Rest of My Restless Weekend
After Greg left on Saturday afternoon I went to our branch game night. Lance was in charge of the games, as evidenced by the wearing of his official game hat.
Game Master Lance divided us into groups. Here I am with Brother Hobson (blue shirt), Mike J. (brown shirt), and my cousin/branch president's wife Bonnie.
The desks in the room were arranged into tables. Each table was home to a different game. When Game Master Lance rang a bell, the groups left everything where it was and rotated tables. The next group to come to that table just picked up where the last group left off.
There was a seven stake bowling activity after game night, so the Jones boys and the Preston's came to game night dressed in their styling bowling threads so they would be ready to roll.
Mellissa B., Sister Barker, and I did our activities committee duty by getting the brownie buffet ready while Game Master Lance read the results. I skipped out on bowling so I could put the finishing touches on my Sunday school lesson and musical number for sacrament meeting (the lesson went great, the musical number not so much).
Sunday afternoon my friends and I had our monthly "old person pot luck."We met up at Cindy and Chris's parents house and commandeered their BBQ. That's Cindy on the left, then Lacie, and the girl with the grin is the one and only Tricia.
Cindy and Tricia's mom did the actual bbqing. Thanks Sister B!
The attendance at our potlucks varies from one month to the next. We had kind of a middle of the road turn out today. That is Elizabeth taking a bite. Her friend Greg from Pokey is next to her. Sara joined them at the table.
Wes and Josh were too manly to sit at a whimpy table so they sat on the steps and discussed manly things.
Zealanda and I parked ourselves right in the middle of everything and did our best to be part of every conversation going on around us.
Now it's back to school for one more week...then I will be on permanent weekend status for the next two months. That's a good thing because after weekends like this I could really use some rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nice mitt t-shirt. :) did you hear that huckabee wants to be mccain's running mate?
looks like a fun weekend. hope you can get some sleep tonight and that your dq fieldtrip goes well. :) i'll be waiting for the report on that one.
Speaking of questionable musical numbers. Today the Bishop asked me to play for a quartet of guys singing- with no rehearsal. Not an issue except that they failed to mention that they wanted to do the mens choir version of Oh Say What Is Truth. So I played it in F and they had wanted Bb. I was oblivious and they were befuddled. Better luck next time!
Post a Comment