my baby brother Greg.
The last time Greg came to visit, we went to the rodeo. Here he is with my friend Danielle. He must have been good luck because the next night Danielle was crowned rodeo queen.
I loved having Greg here, but I know that he comes to visit me for the same reason my other brothers drive anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to see me...
There are not many things that my little town has that my brothers' big town doesn't so I made sure he got to eat at the other two "restaurants" he likes but doesn't have access to back in civilization.
But while eating was the highlight of the trip (I know that is what he and our brother Warren will discuss at length when Greg gets home) we also did some other things.
We went to watch Iron Man (good flick!),
our movie theater had his favorite treat...dippin' dots,
we revisited our childhoods by shopping in the toy department at Kings,
we unloaded some quarters at the lemon aide stand down the street,
he even got to take a private, after-hours tour of my haunted school.
Greg is a great house guest to have because we have the same temperament(translation...we are both lazy) so we sat around and TV (I introduced him to Joel McHale and The Soup) played computer games (he is great at free-cell, and whatever it is he is playing on that little thing, and I am improving at solitaire)
He also fits perfectly on my couch (but not for much longer if my parents keep insisting on feeding him on a daily basis).
It was a little sad to give him back to my folks the next afternoon, especially since I didn't get time to force him to do some big-strong-guy-gardening.
Oh well. Maybe next time.
Thanks for visiting Greg!
p.s. the cows miss you too.
2 comments:
i'm so jealous. what i wouldn't give for some bandito burrito. :)
looks like you guys had a great time. glad you were able to watch our baby brother. :)
Hey there sista'
I have had fun reading your blog. I am especially jealous that your baby brother came to visit you! I wish that my baby brother would come hang out with me. I always feel so old, and hanging out with him makes me fell young and hip again...
I hope that things keep going well, I also hope that you are able to really enjoy your whole summer of "weekend" schedule... mine starts in just two weeks. I split my time between two campuses. After today I have three days left at each campus... I can't wait... you can't tell that I am counting can you?
I look forward to keeping up with your goings-on by checking it at your blog!
Chris DeWald (sister noel)
www.dewaldfam.com
Post a Comment