Part of my excess busyness this week was due to my required attendance at a district meeting, which necessitated getting a substitute teacher (Thanks again, Mrs. S!) and making sub plans.
My English classes are just starting our novel, Artemis Fowl, and don't really want to do anything except read about the adventures of this 12-year-old evil genius. Letting them read the novel the whole class period would have simplified my sun plans for those hours, but I didn't want them to make it though a whole 68 minute period in my class without writing something.
The kidlets have been working on identifying modiferes and using them to make their sentences more interesting, so I pulled some photos off of one of my favorite sites (I use their photos for all sorts of things in EVERY subject) and left instructions for the kids to write a few descriptive sentences about each photo.
I knew they would have fun writing about the very tall fuzzy-wuzzy-hippity-hop.
And I figured they would have a lot to say about the two-headed duck.
I was also aware that they could write some awesome sentences about this little guy...
...but it was the 4th photo that I knew would truly inspire them... to wet their pants.
Before I left for my meeting, I told my wonderful sub how sad I was about missing their reactions to the photos, especially the 4th one. So you can imagine how happy it made me when my wonderful sub texted me to say she had filmed 4B's reaction to the last slide and was emailing it to me.
It was so much fun to watch their reaction, I decided to film 1A when I did the same activity with them the next day. The video below contains clips of both. There was a little screaming, a lot of laughing, and I believe a few of the kidlets may have left with slightly damp trousers.
Oh, wait.
I should probably show you the photo too, right?
It is a pretty good one.
Pretty darn good, if you ask me.
And I think the kidlets agreed.
So please allow me to introduce you to the most Awesome Dog in the Word...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Precious!
You're welcome.




1 comment:
Best. Teacher. Ever. :)
Post a Comment