Like, TWO WEEKS late?
The books arrived one day before the very last day of school. Needless to say, I was a little bit stressed.
But thanks to my fan-tab-u-los Yearbook Ninja Princesses, I didn't spend one second stressing over the books themselves.
Irony = the most manly book we have ever produced, designed by an all-girl staff. Well done, Ninja Princesses. Well done.
Once the yearbook crisis ended, my summer vacation began.
I have partied with my Idaho Niblets.
And had some fun with my Utah Niblets.
I am currently in the middle of a scripture-memorization challenge with these three little dorks... and I am pretty sure they are kicking my trash.
And then there is this little guy: Stormageddon (a.k.a. Alton, a.k.a. Grumpy Baby, a.k.a. Bread-Dough-Boy, a.k.a."The Cheeks").
He is the most kissable little thing on the face of the earth.
I kissed him. A lot.
And I am planning on kissing him a lot more.
I have spent the last two Sundays at the Spanish Branch helping them put together a video about visiting teaching.
In Spanish.
Which I do not speak.
But now half of my internal monologues are conducted with a Spanish accent.
The other half of my internal monologues feature a Scottish accent, thanks to a historical fiction novel that my sister INSISTED I read.
I did read it.
And then I read it again.
If Jenny wants her book back, she might have to trade her chunky-monkey baby for a week.
Diane is still sacrificing her sleep to walk with me at 5 a.m. most mornings.
Have I mentioned how kind and charitable she is?
And the Elizabeth, Pam, and Stephanie join me at the pool for lap swimming from 6 to 7 a.m.
And then, because it is beautiful, blessed summer, I walk home and take a nap.
It was awesome.
I also saw this movie twice, although I have to admit that the motivation behind my second viewing was the chance to see Mr. Cumberbatch in action.
I have missed Benedict so much, I would have liked to have spent some of my first weeks of summer writing letters to the BBC demanding they bump-up the air-date for season three of Sherlock, but I didn't have time.
Instead, I spent around seven hours each day doing a curriculum review for the State Department of Ed.
I will spend a good chunk of this week in Boise, working on final reviews and recommendations with the other task force flunkies.
It won't be a ton of fun, but when that is over, the vacation part of summer vacation can officially begin.
And that will start with attending the wedding of these two crazy kids next weekend.
Congrats in advance, Greg and Kristina!And if you are still looking for something to do for your respective bachelor and bachelorette parties, I highly recommend a double feature of Now You See Me and Star Trek Into Darkness, followed by a healthy dose of Sherlock seasons one and two.
And a couple kisses from this guy.
Yes Alton, they do.









2 comments:
So glad you finally read the book! It's awesome. Hope things go well in Boise. Alton is here waiting for someone to mug on him.
I am so obsessed with Benedict Cumberbatch, as well. I'm reading A Discovery of Witches right now, and he is currently playing the character of Matthew in the movie that plays in my head as I read. He is so dreamy. Major crush.
Post a Comment