Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break Update: SLC, Baltimore, and Beyond!

My 2012 Spring Break World Tour continued on Tuesday with a trip into Salt Lake for the Relief Society Training at the Tabernacle. My very wise older sister, knowing how much I dread driving in big city traffic (insert shudder of fear/disgust here), suggested I take the train. It was a fun, traffic-less trip.
And even though riding the train was a nice, little, nephew-impressing adventure, the real highlights of the experience were being taught by Sisters Beck, Allred, and Thompson...
...along with my other favorite Relief Society sisters. Aren't we so cute?

Tuesday continued with Bentley kicking my trash at a Harry Potter Trivia contest. Apparently the student has now become the teacher (and on a side note, I would like to point out th at both Bent and Max are currently sporting hair cuts very similar to mine. I'm sure their love and admiration of their Aunt Mindy is what inspired them to grow out their hair.)


Tuesday ended with the most hilarious play I have ever seen: The Hale Center Theater's production of Xanadu.


So.


Stinkin'.

Funny.


Wednesday was a blur of packing and attending my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's junior recital at BYU. She was awesome, by the way.



Then, bright and early Thursday morning, Jenny and I were off to the Salt Lake Airport for the start of our Buffalo Adventure.


Here I am NOT grading papers, and fighting with technology in Baltimore.



And this is Jenny on the plane. I didn't realize that, although she has been to the West Coast many times, this is her first trip east of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

After traveling all day, it was wonderful to get to Spencer and Brianna's home, where my favorite furry niblets were waiting to greet us. Jenny and I haven't seen Brady and Mia since Spence and Brianna moved to New York, so it was a wonderful reunion. Ears were scratched, tails were wagged, and a good time was had by all.



Then, following Spencer and Brianna's hosting tradition, we headed over to Duff's for dinner.


It was a delicious night!

And waking up to Timbits today made for a perfect morning! Now all I need is Sister Reese, a bag of milk, and a blue planner to fill in and the missionary flashback will be complete!
Plans for Friday include: Touring the Bill's Stadium and visiting Brianna at Mercy Flight.

Viva La Spring Break!

2 comments:

Kar said...

Oh, how I love Beads and Moose. I'm so jealous of you. My folks might take me over there with them this fall and I'm SO EXCITED!!

Charlotte said...

Woo hoo Timbits! We have some seriously amazing donuts here in Seattle- you should come and try them ;)