Not on this blog, of course. This blog is still a labor of love and, like the ropers who break the barrier early or the bull riders who don't hit the eight second mark, all I walk away with is your applause (or comments, as the case may be).
The blogging for money is happening on various other blogs set up by a marketing firm for advertising purposes. My friend Lance works for the marketing firm in question, and business has been so good, he needed to outsource some of the posts. He called Tuesday night to see if I would be interested in making some extra money (Ummm, yes please!) by ghost writing posts that contain key words and hyperlinks to business sites.
With my crazy schedule, there is no way I will be able to pump out the 20 posts a week that Lance would like, so I don't know how long my career as a paid blogger will last. But this (possibly very short) foray into blogging for money has got me thinking about making money doing other things that I enjoy.
For example, if there is anyone out there who would like to pay me to...
Watch NCIS, Leverage, or Person of Interest

... feel free to give me a call. I might not be able to find the time to write 6,500 words about security systems or DYI projects every week, but there are other things for which I might be able and willing to rearrange my schedule, if the price is right.
Although I would probably watch the cowboys for free.
3 comments:
I'm sure my boys would love to help you meet your blog post quota. Jonah could specialize in animal posts, Bentley in music/skulls/basketball, and Maxwell could write an advice column. Ruby would tackle fashion, and Milo would take care of everything else. :)
Hahaha! I just love your blog. I mentally applaud you every time you post. You are an AMAZING writer; I'm sure you will do exceedingly well with this.
Ditto on Kar's comment. You are an amazing writer.
Post a Comment