Saturday, December 17, 2011

Letters to Santa

So, you know how I know a lot of famous and important people? Well, a few weeks ago, one of my celebrity friends asked me for a little favor. It seems that, during this time of year, he gets tons of mail (literally TONS) and needed a little help writing replies.

I would have loved to help him myself, but I have been kind of busy trying to do my own Christmas-Prep. Not wanting to leave my dear, old friend in the lurch, I volunteered the services of my honor's English kidlets.

Honor's English kidlets come in handy. They make great pack-mules when things have to be moved from one classroom to another. I also like to send messages around the school via carrier kidlet every now and then.

But for this little service project, the kidlets were writing letters instead of delivering them. It seemed my good buddy Santa had an over abundance of letters from our local 3rd graders, so they helped out by answering some of them for him.

My kidlets were a little apprehensive at first, and it took a bit of convincing that Santa had actually answered the letters they wrote in 3rd grade. He was just a little to busy this year to answer the letters from this group of tots.

The letters (both to and from Santa) turned out so cute, I decided to share some of them with you. The third graders names have been changed, but their spelling errors have not. Enjoy!

Dear Santa,
You should come to my house because I am a good person. One fantastic thing I do is clean and windex the bathroom every Saturday. Most of the time I do it with out a hassle. Another great thing I do is vacume. I vacume the living room and bathroom carpet. I even vacume around the edges. Last, I shovel snow. Sometimes I do it with out being asked. Clearly I am an excellent person, so please fly your sleigh to my house on christmas eve.
Sincerely,
Chase


Dear Chase,
Thank you so much for your letter! I am glad to see that you help out your family by doing all of that work. You’re a very good vacuum-er. Also, it is good that you do it without being asked because that shows that you are a very responsible child and shows that you can have more freedom as you get older. I have been watching you and I think that you are a great student. The elves say “hi” too. Keep up the good work Connor! By the way, the reindeer have been working out even more so that they can pull the presents extra fast this year.

Merry Christmas!
Santa




Dear Santa,
Please travel to my roof because I have been great. I try to do my best. Some of my songs from piano lessons are very hard. I try my best to make it sound right. Next, I try new foods. I once tried oysters. I am also very truthful because I rarely lie. Finally, I am very helpful. I do the laundry, my chores, and when my mom is subbing I help her during recess instead of going outside. I am not perfect, but there are four things I do well, so please come to my house on Christmas Eve.
Love,
Adam

Dear Adam,
Thank you so much for your letter! It sounds like you have been really good and helpful. I bet that
Oyster tasted delicious! I love playing you can get it per the piano too. It is hard sometimes, but if you keep practicing you can get it perfect. My elves say that they heard you playing the piano once and it sounded fabulous! Keep up the good work. I checked my nice list twice and you are on it! Be sure to stay on the nice list and I will do my best to come to your house on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas!
Love, Santa





Dear Santa,
Please fly over to my cottage because there are many ways I’ve been very fantastic this year. One great thing I do is put my dishes above the dishwasher without being asked. As soon as I am done eating, I pick up my dishes and take care of them. Another plus about me is that I eat most of my dinner every night. That keeps my mother from getting cranky. Finally, I try to be helpful to my teacher often. Yesterday I took the class back to the room to get their library books, and I locked the door after them. I have been great, so please come to my house.
Love,
Katie


Dear Katie,

I have been keeping an eye on you through my magic snow globe and I am very proud of you for doing the dishes without being asked! That is very good of you to help your mother out. Putting your dishes away after you eat is very good manners. Here at the North Pole, my elves put their dishes away after eating a big meal Mrs. Claus made for us. I am so proud of you for eating most of your dinner! Eating all or most of your dinner is very healthy for your body. Please keep helping your teacher with all of the things she has to do. Keep up the good work! I am watching your good deeds.
Merry Christmas!
Santa Claus





Dear Santa,
Please visit my home because I have been mega cool. I have been a very responsible person doing my chores without being asked. I clean my room and help start loads of laundry. I have been great at trying new things such as sushi and fried spam. Both of them were super delicious. Last, defiantly but not least, I’ve been truthful. When I think I might get into trouble, I don’t lie to get out of it. I may not be perfect, but I have been super awesome, so please visit my house this Christmas eve.
Love,
Brittany

Dear Brittany,
I will be visiting you home. I am very happy that you are being responsible. Thank you for doing your
chores and helping do laundry. Sushi and spam are delicious, they are my favorite foods. Thank you for being truthful and responsible. Truthful kids are my favorite I’m proud of you for being such a good girl this year. The reindeer and elves are getting ready for Christmas Eve. So I will be seeing you in a couple of weeks.
Thank you so much for your letter!
Merry Christmas!
Your friend,
Santa Claus

1 comment:

Jenny said...

fried spam?
cute letters. for 3rd graders they write really well. my 4th graders writes as little as possible.