What kinds of photos?
Well, let's start with the newest occupant of my bulletin board: Tyrone Turkey. The kidlets spent most of November working on grammar exercises about the plight of poor, doomed Tyrone. Even learning the ancient poultry self defense art of turk-jit-su and offering the kidlets Taco Bandito coupons couldn't save Tyrone from the Thanksgiving turkey platter.
Seriously. I must have one.Also on my "must have" list, is a fiftieth wedding anniversary celebration like the one my dear friend Diane and her husband had the week before Thanksgiving.
It was a great party and, since Diane has helped with so many of our Stake dinners/conferences/trainings/more dinners/meetings/etc., Jolene, Sue, and I were more than happy to help out on Diane's special day.
Sue and Joleen were the live entertainment, playing beautiful music all evening.

And I was the bouncer.

I guess that, technically, I was the guest book person, but that title just doesn't do the job justice. "Bouncer" is much cooler and far more impressive.
And I was the bouncer.
I guess that, technically, I was the guest book person, but that title just doesn't do the job justice. "Bouncer" is much cooler and far more impressive.
It was actually a pretty tricky job, thanks to the special silver guest book pen. The special silver guestbook pen was tricky becuase the end that people thought should be the writing end wasn't. I tried to warn the signers, but they didn't believe me. They just kept trying to write with the wrong end. I must not have a very honest face.

And speaking of people who don't believe a word that comes out of my mouth, my sister and her stalwart husband brought their kids up for a quick 24-hour Thanksgiving visit. It just
And speaking of people who don't believe a word that comes out of my mouth, my sister and her stalwart husband brought their kids up for a quick 24-hour Thanksgiving visit. It just
so happened that the apartment above my parent's garage was tenant-less, making it the perfect venue for a little after dark ghost hunting.
Before the kids came upstairs, I kid my ipod in a closet, playing ghostly sounds on a loop. They were pretty terrified for about 12 seconds.

The spookiest part was hunting for ghosts in the dark, scary storage room under the apartment.
At least, that was the spookiest part for me. I have seen the spiders that live down there and, let me tell you, I would rather come face to face with a ghost.
With Thanksgiving break in the rear view mirror, the kidlets and I are focusing on getting our End of Course Assessment study guides filled out, "A Christmas Carol" read, the first yearbook deadline met, and my favorite narrative poem "The Highwayman" thoroughly enjoyed.
And we will be focusing on those things until next week, when the focus will shift to anticipating the trappings of Christmas vacation, including sleeping in, eating good food, opening gifts, and not doing a bit of school work. By the time school dismisses on the 16th, Christmas vacation will be an all-consuming obsession.
Before the kids came upstairs, I kid my ipod in a closet, playing ghostly sounds on a loop. They were pretty terrified for about 12 seconds.
The spookiest part was hunting for ghosts in the dark, scary storage room under the apartment.
At least, that was the spookiest part for me. I have seen the spiders that live down there and, let me tell you, I would rather come face to face with a ghost.
And the kidlets might spend some time thinking about the break too.
3 comments:
I wonder if 6 year old Mindy would rather come face to face with one of the duck ghosts that haunts that storage area, or a spider. Those ghosts were scary!
Someday I would love you to move to Saratoga Springs to teach middle school here. My daughter is in 3rd grade so that gives you 3 1/2 more years to enjoy Burley and then move to our booming metropolis! We have farms and cowboys and a middle school in need of fun, creative, invested English teachers! Please!!! From Julie Peterson - blog stalker!
There's an apartment above your parents' garage?? I never knew!! Dude, I could use some of your gym-decorating expertise right now. I'm in charge of decorations for our ward party, and I'm fa-reaking out. That is a whole lotta space to make festive.
Post a Comment