Well, Max got a mohawk. It was his birthday hair cut. Max is very brave when it comes to fashion and he wears his new do with pride. I got a fauxhawk for my back-to-school hair cut, but I only stand it up for special occasions, like concerts, parties, back to school nights, and temple recommend interviews.
And speaking of back to school, that is where I will be bright and early tomorrow morning. My classroom is ready. Bulletin board, check. Decorated podium, check. Desk already covered in random paper piles, check.
My classroom is a bit off the beaten track and therefore difficult for the new 7th graders to find on the first day. This year I decided to try to save them a little time and stress by hanging up some helpful signs. Getting lost and being late for class on the first day can be very upsetting. The goal is to have none of the kinds ENTER my classroom with tears in their eyes.
After all, if any 7th graders are going to cry on their first day of junior high school, I would prefer it to be because their English teacher is a weirdo and not because they got lost on their way to class. And if the fauxhawk doesn't clench me the weirdest teacher title, I will be reviewing Roman numerals on Monday while dressed as a Roman. Toga, check. Laurel wreath, check. Julius Caesar jokes that will sail right over their cute little heads, check.

2 comments:
he is going to love this. have a great first day of school. and then get down here and help organize all of mikey's stuff. thanks.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! So darn cute! Both of you...
Post a Comment