Monday, September 5, 2011

By the Numbers: The First Seven Days of the School Year

5 = The number of school days thus far.
4 = How many days I walked to and from school.
1.5 = The number of songs on my ipod I go through while walking from my apartment to my classroom.
189 = The number of students are on my various class lists (as of Friday morning).
4 = The number of student aides on my various class lists (as of Friday morning).
67 = The number of anticipated changes to my various class lists before next Friday.
189 = The number of names that need to be written on Popsicle sticks.
8 = The number of Cups of Destiny that are needed to hold the Popsicle sticks.



2 = Days I dressed like a grownup teacher.
3 = Days I dressed like a Comic-Con nerd.
32 = The number of "clickers" (student answer device thingies) in my room.
5 = Times I tried to use the "clickers" in class.
3 = Time the "clickers" actually worked.
12 = New cuss words I invented while trying to make the "clickers" work.
5 = Days I had 7th grade lunch duty
1, 794 = Approximate number of times I had to tell the 7th graders that they couldn't go back to their lockers until after the bell rang.
59 = The hours I worked at school last week.
40 = The hours the State of Idaho is going to pay me for working last week.
Not as many as you would think = The number of times I thought about moving to Wyoming.





1 = Mt. Timpanogos Storyteller Festival events that I attended on Friday night.
63 = Minutes it took me to travel 12 miles on a Utah freeway.
734 = Times I said/thought/screamed horrible things about Utah while sitting on the freeway.
5 = The number of niblets I got to see over the long weekend.
1 = The number of niblets who got baptised by his dad over the long weekend.
4 = The number of niblets who got dunked by their evil uncles over the long weekend.
1 = The number of times I got dunked by my evil brother over the long weekend.
4 = The number of options I am considering getting even with the offending brother.
3 = The number of those options that involve biting insects and/or a fake Facebook account.
10 = The number of hours before I am back in my classroom.
2 = The number of revenge oriented dreams I will have before then.
Sweet dreams Mikey!

5 comments:

SAYDA said...

Well, I do want to know the new cuss words you invented. Just curious. ;)

The Jones Crew said...

I love reading your blogs....where do you come up with all of your ideas? I guess that is why you are a super duper teacher and I am not.

Walt and Eileen said...

Miss H, you're making our "Cow Town" famous! Love each post...read back thru Fair Week.
I can tell when they find your room, they're in for the best year of English class they've ever had.
Love, Los Petersen-SanSalvador

Jenny said...

I'm pretty sure Mikey would consider your dunking fair payment for some choice things you have done/said over the years. :) I was sorry to have missed the swimming, but now I think I was safer at home watching Flash Gordon with John.

Nat said...

You've already been so busy! What a great start to your school year! And I'm glad you dress like a "nerd" half the time. :)