Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break Report, Part 4 : Here and There, or THE END

To wrap up my very long and drawn-out spring break report, I thought I would take a little bit of time to sum up the differences between Memphis and my little piece of heaven here in the valley.


First of all, it was a tad bit warmer in Memphis.

How much is a "tad bit?"


Well, let's just say Memphis didn't get any snow that week and leave it at that.

There was still a lot of teaching going on, but I got to listen to the teaching instead of doing the teaching. It was strangely satisfying.

I definitely noticed a difference in how homes were decorated.

I came home with a great decor theme for my guest bed room. It's gonna be good.
Another difference, the kidlets weren't kidlets.

They were actual "kids".


And there was a lot of them. So many, in fact, that by the second day I had given up on trying to learn all of their names. I decided just to call them all Fred. Fred didn't seem to mind. Fred was a really good sport that way.

What's the difference between my kidlets and actual "kids" like Fred?

Well, "kids" smell a bit better.

Oh, and they are taller.

(Above: [Left to right] Fred, Fred, Fred, and Me)



Taller... but just as dorky.

Maybe even dorkier.
Yep. Definatly dorkier. Oh, and the traffic? It was a bit more intense.
In summary, Memphis was different in a lot of fun ways and I saw many things that I am pretty sure I would never have seen otherwise.
Thanks Elizabeth and Freds. It was a blast.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

this reminds me of george foreman. didn't he name all of his kids "george?"

glad you had a good time and made it home safely.

Kar said...

Good idea to call them all "Fred." That's funny. And another good idea - Elvis decor in the guest bedroom. That will be awesome. :)

Janiece said...

It looks like your spring break was awesome!
It looks like Fred and Fred and....
helped to make it even better.
Glad you are home!