
Two obnoxious snow showers followed by a 22-hour blizzard warning?! ? The week of Thanksgiving break?!? Really?!? The week BEFORE our upcoming 15-stake fast for moisture?!? Seriously?!? You couldn't have waited one week?!?
Remember the good times we had sledding in the front yard when I was a kid? And the thunderstorms that canceled the hikes during girls camp weeks? Oh, and the much appreciated summer evening downpours as my various Brampton companions and I walked home after long days of tracting?

But this week?
The blizzard conditions that postponed the B-day kidlet's preposition test?
The snow drifts that negated hours worth of perfectly prepared sub plans?
The now useless plans for the sub who was going to kidlet-sit for me so I could be in IF early enough to spend Wednesday helping to prepare Thanksgiving dinner?
The dinner I am going to miss because of the snow packed roads and sub-zero temperatures?

All I can say now, Weather, is that you are lucky that I have things to do to keep me busy over this unexpected 6-day weekend. If I didn't have a test to write, lesson plans to sharpen, and a sacrament meeting talk to finish, you would be in big trouble. BIG trouble.
So you had better make sure you get all of this blizzard stuff out of your system now, because if you even think about messing up my Christmas vacation travel plans, you and I are through, Buddy. Through. Over. Done. When I pull onto that freeway in December, I am going to be expecting clear skies, dry roads, and high temps in the low to mid 40's. Or else.
We were good.
And then, for whatever reason, you decided that I needed to be thinned from the herd.
I have tried not to take your attempts on my life personally.
Remember that micro-burst a few years back? The one that turned my car into a tilt-a-whirl? It was kind of fun.
And that lightning storm in the middle of the bean-hoeing activity at the Church farm? The one that sent us all madly dashing through the mud to our cars? It made for a great blog post.
But this week?
The blizzard conditions that postponed the B-day kidlet's preposition test?
The snow drifts that negated hours worth of perfectly prepared sub plans?
The now useless plans for the sub who was going to kidlet-sit for me so I could be in IF early enough to spend Wednesday helping to prepare Thanksgiving dinner?
The dinner I am going to miss because of the snow packed roads and sub-zero temperatures?

All I can say now, Weather, is that you are lucky that I have things to do to keep me busy over this unexpected 6-day weekend. If I didn't have a test to write, lesson plans to sharpen, and a sacrament meeting talk to finish, you would be in big trouble. BIG trouble.
Sincerely,
Miss H


6 comments:
I get along with the weather just fine where I am, although it's a little chilly. I mean, it's not even forecast to hit 60 tomorrow! I think I'm going to freeze!
Poor, poor Miss H!
Do you think a helicopter might attempt a rescue? That would make for a good blog post, also.
I hear ya! I'm so sorry you won't be making it home for Thanksgiving. We have a 4-foot drift in our driveway, and it's been too nasty to go and shovel it. And I don't think our mail or our garbage man have come today, but I haven't been brave enough to go outside all day.
I hope you have a good Thanksgiving, despite being far away.
Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving despite the weather's attempts to ruin it. Miss you!
Snow has been crazy! Hasn't it? ... and the cold! Mindy your are amazing! Sorry you can't go home for Thanksgiving. I don't know if your taken already but you are more then welcomed to come join us. 240-4560
We will be eating at noon.
Ah, that sucks you couldn't come home for Thanksgiving. I'm so, so tired of shoveling my walk. I really think I need to retire to someplace warm. I'm getting too old for this crap.
Post a Comment