I had to wear real clothes to school today, and one of the kidlets had the nerve to tell that I looked "professional".
Then I pouted for the rest of the day.
It's hard to go back to conservative colors and sensible dress slacks after a week full of 80's days, crazy hats, and serious salutes to nerd-dom.
And then there was "Colorful Day".
Colorful day was pretty awesome.
I enjoyed every minute of it ... until I got busy and ran upstairs to the faculty room to make some copies during lunch. The teachers who were eating up there, well, they were not celebrating colorful day and seemed more than a bit surprised that I was celebrating it. Yet another reason to spend lunch time in the lunch room with the kidlets and Valerie.

Friday was Crazy Hair Day. The kidlets really committed to this one. I was soooooooo impressed.
My own style was more odd than truly weird, but I will repent and do better next year.
Thankfully, it was the weekend of the giant craft show that Elizabeth and I attend each year, so I had some great shopping to distract me.
Then Valerie and I went to check out the town's newest snack shop ...
... before cheering on the high school marching band at their competition.
Having been raised with three self-proclaimed "band-nerd" brothers, I am no stranger to the finer points of marching bands.
But this time, I was there to cheer on one of my original perspicacious kidlets and yearbook Jedi: SPENCER! His proud parents were kind enough to invite me share their Spencer-centric afternoon. I made sure to take a lot of photos, but I tired not to embarrass him too much.
Plus, I bought one of these beautiful dress/skirt/top/wrap/thingies from these folks at the craft fair, and it should keep me in "colorful days" for quite a while.





3 comments:
I think your crazy hair is a direct copy of one of Ruby's favorite dos. She would be proud. :)
Cute dress! I love colorful patterns. I have my eye on a really crazy purse for Christmas. Bright, lemon yellow. Perfect. I think you're so great for dressing up for Red Ribbon week. I really hate dressing up, so I never did it. What a fuddy duddy I am.
Sounds like red ribbon week was a success. I think your kids are so lucky to have you as a teacher. I loved your hairdo!
Post a Comment