So cool that one of our members was just selected out of many, many non-P.A.B.ers to be the newest editing intern for the Ensign. Congrats Heather! Thanks for making our already cool branch even cooler through our association with you!
No, our branch is cool for many other reasons too. And because I am so grateful for the rock-star-solid-gold-coolness of the Parke Avenue Branch, I am going to use this posting space and some poor quality photos (my camera was having an off night) to tell you a a few of many reasons I am so thankful to be a member of the world's coolest branch.
First off, I am thankful for our activities, like the Thanksgiving activity this past Friday.
I'm thankful that so many of our branch members were so happy to spend their night turning apples into turkey centerpieces.
I'm thankful for members of our Elder's Quorum presidency who are secure enough in their manhood to be photographed making funny faces while working on kindergarten-level crafts. I'm extra thankful that they let me post said photographs on a blog that is read by people in 115 cities in 19 countries around the world. Of course, I don't think they knew that at the time...
I am thankful that our branch leadership is willing to take on about six callings each so that our branch can function. I am especially grateful that Sister Barker advises our activities committee because she comes up with amazing ideas...like Turkey Bowling.
I am thankful that Brothers Barker and Hobson have the ability to build a turkey bowling alley in the middle of the stake center using nothing but tables and some plastic sheeting.
I am thankful that turkey bowling in the middle of the stake center didn't leave any frozen-turkey-sized divots in the floor.
I am thankful that nobody laughed at my lack of turkey bowling skills...at least not loud enough for me to hear them.
I am thankful that Timbri bowled "granny-style".
I am thankful Krystal beat the pants off most of the brethren present (metaphorically speaking, of course. This was a branch activity after all. Anyone who wants to play "strip turkey bowling"will just have to wait for an institute activity night). Thanks, Krystal, for representing the Sista's...you've got mad skillz!
I am kind of thankful that the guys decided to use the branch presidency wives as human shields during the marshmallow gun war...but only because it meant I didn't have to spend the rest of the night picking damp marshmallows out of my hair.
I'm thankful President Jones has enough marshmallow guns to arm every member of our branch.
I am thankful for a branch that would plan a Thanksgiving activity that included Turkey bowling, marshmallow gun wars, and mashed potato sculpting.
I'm thankful for Branch Presidency Counselor Josh making Kung Fu Panda out of potatoes, per my request.
I am thankful that my potato turtle actually looked like a turtle...sort of.
I am thankful that our branch has wonderful leadership...wonderful leadership who provide us with wonderful refreshments.
...and leaders who are willing to make apple turkeys even though their yard at home is currently invaded by living, breathing, mess-making wild turkeys.
And I am thankful that love at first sight is still possible.
I am thankful that a boy and a girl can see each other from across a turkey bowling alley, wipe the mashed potatoes off their hands, and spend the rest of the evening walking and talking together like they have known each other for their entire lives.
I am thankful that our singles branch made that possible.
I just wish it had been possible for those of us over the age of 3.
8 comments:
What a fun activity! Now I think you need to post a closer up picture of those turkeys you made so I can do it as an art project with my 3 year old. And I'm serious. I really want to make them!
That was a super fun activity....It must be because of the amazing activities committee that we have.
That looks like it was so much fun.
I am always a bit jel...envi...oh heck I don't know how to spell either word... A bit bummed that "family" wards do not do some of the building friendship activities that you do!
I want to see how you made the turkeys too.
Congratulations to Heather!
That is so exciting!
How cool are you guys!?!? I need to steal some of your ideas to use with my new Beehives! So you need to do these themed activities a few weeks beforehand, and post about them, and then I can steal them and use them when we actually get closer to the holiday. So I expect to see a Christmas activity next week!
Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!
i have a new list of activities that i don't want to try with the kids at joy school. thanks. :)
Oh my gosh, I love those activities! The best ideas ever! That is hilarious. I would love being in that ward, too. I'm going to make a note of those games in my head, so that if I'm ever in charge of a Thanksgiving activity, we are definitely doing those things.
Post a Comment