Supermom/Super blogger Nat tagged me which, in my world of chalkboards and wall mounted pencil sharpeners, is as good as giving a homework assignment. So, since I am such a big proponent of turning in homework...

My Nephews and Nieces. Being an aunt is great. I get all the perks of having small children love and adore me, without all of the parental responsibilities and stresses.
For more of my thoughts on the perks of aunthood, check out this post.
Preparation Time! When I took on the task of yearbook advisor this year, I also gave up my A-day prep time, which means I only get half as much time to plan lessons, run copies, grade papers, hang flying monkeys from the ceiling, and write dorky new songs for my kidlets to sing. The loss of my A-day prep time has made my B-day prep time even more valuable and joy-inducing.
THREE FEARS
The Sky is Falling! This is a new fear that I developed today when one of the ceiling tiles in my room fell down and snapped in two during 4-A today. (Note to Local Readers: The school bond election being held on Thursday doesn't include any money to give me a non-lethal ceiling, so don't let this post influence any decision you may be making regarding your vote. Thank you.)
Driving in Weather. Notice I didn't say "bad" weather. I am scared of driving in any weather. Snow and ice terrify me, sure, but so do rain, wind,...basically anything on either side of the "partly sunny" graphic on the weather scale. Seriously. I have been known to complain about driving weather being "too sunny" and will cancel a car trip if there is a chance of high humidity.
My three goals are part of a three-step goal:
Keep a plant alive. Which would then qualify me to...

Keep a dog alive. Which would mean I was ready to...

Keep a husband alive. (Love ya, Vin.)
THREE OBSESSIONS AND/OR COLLECTIONS
Blogging. The other night, Elizabeth said, "Mindy is always blogging in her head," which of course gave me a great idea for a blog post about how I am constantly planning and writing blog posts . And the vicious cycle continues...
Books. I am not a library type of gal. If I like a book, I have to own at least one copy. The result of that obsession/collection is that most of the pieces of furniture in my apartment are either real book cases, or make-shift book cases.
THREE RANDOM SURPRISING THINGS
I am terrified of big people. Put me in a room full of teens and preteens and I will put on silly clothes, talk with strange accents, dance, sing, and just generally act like an idiot. AND ENJOY IT. But put me in a room with a handful of grownups and putting a coherent sentence together becomes near impossible and I blush worse than a nun in an NFL locker room.
I love country music. Especially the songs with slightly inappropriate lyrics. I didn't think that was surprising until Lacie nearly dropped dead from shock as I sang along with the radio on the way home from Twin on Saturday.
I am aging backwards. The older I get, the less mature I become. When I started teaching 4 years ago, I wore business casual clothes, drove my new car to school, and carried an expensive leather satchel. Now I wear jean skirts with "Dumbledore's Army" and "Hooked on fonix done good four mee" t-shirts and ride my bike to school while wearing my $10 Iron Man backpack.
5 comments:
Mindy, you crack me up!! Thanks for doing my tag.
I think your three goals go backwards for me, though. I keep my husband alive, though sometimes he has to go grocery shopping with me to make sure I get the right stuff (the junk food he likes that I don't, hence never buying it for him). I never intend to have a dog to keep alive. And I'm failing miserably at keeping plants-and grass-alive.
I blog in my head, too.
And Vin? Really? I would have pegged you for a Cedric Diggory kind of gal. Though Vin pulls off bald like many can't.
nice job on the tag. :) you are so funny. not sure i approve of vin . . . although he does want a lot of kids . . . :)
My cousin Karli calls your condition blog-alogue, where're you're constantly seeing life through how you'll write it up for your blog.
I finally read the Twilight books these last two weeks and I think I may qualify as semi-rabid.
What a fun blog! Since I'm just starting to blog, I look at your blogs as what I could aspire to. :) I'm thinking that since I scrapbook, that this should be a pretty straight forward transistion. In fact, I 'm looking forward to this weekend because I'm going to visit extended family. But I'm most looking forward to Wednesday when I start Physical therapy. I'm pretty sure I can come up with a great way to review my latest "shoes" of the summer. You'll have to check it out later next week. Oh, and by the way, thanks for leading the book club discussion last night. Boy! those girls were random! I'm afraid I came off a little uptight by the end of the night, but then again, I am a little up tight so I guess that's not the end of the world. :)
Aging backwards is both a blessing and a curse. I suffer from this same diagnosis. But I love it! I'm glad that you embrass it and that I have someone on my level when I visiting family.
Post a Comment