Guess who came to Cow Town last week!
After a very productive days working on lesson plans and camp songs in my home, my sweet mother and I decided to drive up the road a piece and look at some other people's homes. I have lived in this cute little valley for almost eleven years and had never been up to the annual Victorian home tour. We started out at the opera house, one of two places in Oakley I had been to before.
The, using the handy-dandy map that the very nice lady at the opera house gave us, we walked the dusty streets to explore very old, very cool homes.
The townsfolk were super excited to have visitors. Each home on the tour had a gaggle of knowledgeable family members who served as tour guides who were so very, very happy to tell us all about the homes and the pioneers who built them.
The tour was a very educational and entertaining experience. At one of the homes, three generations of family members dressed in Victorian-era clothing. Super awesome.
So if you ever find yourself in Southern Idaho on the third Saturday in June, you should totally check it out. The townsfolk will be so happy to see you! I don't think they get many visitors...
If you were to come on a home tour of my cute little hobbit hole this week, there wouldn't be a whole lot to see. While I am hanging out with family for the 4th, my apartment is getting decked out with new carpet.
I love just about everything about my little home, but I will not shed a single tear for the 37 year-old blue and gold carpet that is being kicked to the curb in the next few days.Tears were very nearly shed, however, when I realized that the new carpet process would require the relocation of all of my stuff. Because I have a lot of stuff. Like, A LOT.
And where is all that stuff now? In my kitchen, of course.
My poor, poor kitchen.
So, while I am looking forward to a not-extremely-extreme home makeover, I am NOT looking forward to sorting out that whole mess when I get home this weekend. But once I get everything back in its proper place, I will be happy to give you a virtual home tour of my cute, newly refurbished digs.

2 comments:
Oh, you poor girl. Moving all that heavy stuff into the kitchen... I'm excited to see your new carpet!! And those houses are amazing! I would love to go do that tour sometime. My hubby had to move all our furniture into our kitchen while he cleaned our carpets when we were in Idaho. They look amazing!
That tour sounds so fun! I'm glad you and Mom got to see those homes!
Post a Comment