It may have been my spring break, but the Utah niblets still had school. I had a ton of fun walking the smallest ones to class and helping with Maxwell's carpool. The baby and I played at the park, took walks, and watched fire trucks on YouTube while his momma helped with kindergarten reading, 3rd grade PE, and Junior Achievement. I also got to see rehearsals for Jonah and Maxwell's plays!
I made two trips to the shop that sells British food so that we could enjoy some Doctor Who related treats. Some of the niblets were more impressed with Jammy Dodgers and Jelly Babies than others, but everyone agreed that the Cadbury's Heroes were delicious.
The IF leg of my journey coincided perfectly with Kylie's birthday. We had a fun dinner at Leos, then moved the party to Grandma/Grandpas for presents, cake, and a movie!
The movie in question was a family favorite: The Penguins of Madagascar. We all tried out hand at making Private's famous face...
... But nobody could beat Penguin super-fan Greg. He IS Private... and Rico and Kolwaski and Skipper. Seriously. That kid could reenact the movie after only seeing it once. Amazing.
In conclusion, spring break was wonderful. Now I just need another week off to rest up and recover from my vacation.






2 comments:
I love, love, love what a good auntie you are. Your niblets must love you so much!!! I think we'll have to rent the Penguins of Madagascar pretty dang soon. That and Breaking Dawn part 2. I still haven't seen that! It's been years!! And I can't believe Jenny can do all she does. She is seriously Supermom!
Oops, it was me, Kar, not Ben. I have to log him off... Sorry!
Post a Comment