Tying theses quilts (that will be donated to the local homeless men's shelter) was one of four or five service stations the groups rotated through during the evening. More kids showed up than were anticipated, and many of them had never held a sewing needle before in their short lives. Needless to say, it was a little crazy and a lot fun. The kids were great.. all 200+ of them.
When there weren't enough needles for all of them to tie, they still found ways to keep busy, like hanging out under the quilts to make sure that the yarn didn't accidentally get bunched up. Those kids turned out to be pretty good little quilters
Of course, that's not to say that mistakes weren't made... But as one of the 14 year old boys pointed out, "The homeless guys will just be happy to HAVE a blanket, right?"
Because I knew it would be a late night, I had arranged for a sub at school today. That meant I could stick around IF a little longer and spend some time with some of my favorite people. After Becky got the older girls off to school, she and the two little ones joined me for breakfast.
Becky and Kristy were great company,,,
...and it is always a joy to hang out with Bubba. The kid is just one big ball of love.
So after a fun and exciting night with my amazing mom and some awesome teens, I got have have a fun and delicious morning with my sweet niblets and their awesome momma. Maybe I should take a day off more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment