Friday, January 23, 2015

Losers and Winners

For the past five or six years, I have helped judge the Spanish Club's salsa contest. Every year, after the judging was over, I told the Spanish Club's adviser that I would enter the next year. The Spanish Club at our school is huge, but only a few kids ever entered the contest, so I figured I would have a pretty good shot at winning.

But this year, when I finally got organized enough to enter, FOURTEEN kidlets decided to throw their sombreros into the ring.

My salsa came in second, which would have made me quite happy if I hadn't become so accustomed to blue ribbons.

I guess the high number of entries is practically my fault, though, since I am in charge of the school news. Next year I am going to enter again, but I might not be quite as zealous with the pre-contest advertising...

I might have lost at school on Wednesday afternoon, but Thursday night sure saw a lot of winners. We had a great turn out at our family reading night and over twenty kids walked away with awesome prizes. The most coveted prizes, however, were those awesome NFL items. Seven kids went home REALLY happy last night, and the Bills gained even more Cow Town fans.

But even though only a few of the kidlets left with prizes, when the principal grills s'mores in the library courtyard, everybody is a winner!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yum. Salsa sure sounds good right now. You shouldn't post about it when I am going to read your blog before bed.