So, in honor as his last few days as ruling infant, I thought it would be fun to post some of the photos I took when I was visiting his family last week. These particular photos were taken when I went in to check on him after his morning nap, and even though he can't talk yet, I think you will find that he is still pretty easy to understand.
What the heck? You're NOT Mama!
Wait a second... Don't I know you from somewhere?
Oh yeah! You're that chick who picks me up when Mama is cooking dinner.
I love being picked up!
You're awesome!
Hey!
Remember that time Jonah wanted a piggyback ride,
but you picked me up instead?
but you picked me up instead?
Did you know that when you turned around, I totally blew a raspberry
at Joe over your shoulder?
at Joe over your shoulder?
Just like this...
Yep.
Being "The Baby" is a pretty sweet gig.
Wait!
Did you hear that?
It's Ruby!
Crap!
She's gonna want to pick me up again,
and that only ends one way:
and that only ends one way:
Me covered in residual little girl kiss spit,
sporting a very painful diaper weggie.
sporting a very painful diaper weggie.
I did not sign up for this!
Somebody call my agent!
I swear, if I don't get assigned a protection detail in the next thirty seconds,
I am going to press in the soft spot on my head MYSELF!
I am going to press in the soft spot on my head MYSELF!
Seriously!
Who could be expected to live in these conditions?!?!
Wait...
Did she just...
Did she just turn around and run downstairs?
Phew!
That was a close one.
For a second there I thought I really was going to
have to resort to my soft-spot/self-destruct-button/kamikaze plan.
have to resort to my soft-spot/self-destruct-button/kamikaze plan.
I'm totally serious. If you had to endure diaper weggies eight times a day,
you would feel the same way.
you would feel the same way.
Hey... Aren't you going back to Idaho this afternoon?
I bet that drive gets pretty lonely and boring after a while. Wouldn't you like some company?
Ruby is great company.
Really. She is.
As long as you're not wearing a diaper.
UPDATE: Kristie Dawn has arrived!
And I'm sure Alton would LOVE IT if Ruby came traveled to IF to hold HER for a few days... or months.

3 comments:
so that's what he's been saying . . .
This cracked me up so much. Haha! I love when little kids try to hold babies/dogs. It's a difficult thing. It's going to be so fun to see which of Alton's siblings he's going to end up looking like.
Oh man, Mindy you are hilarious.
Post a Comment