Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Poetic Look Back at My Summer

August is upon us!
It sure does fly, that time.
So let's review my summer
With collages and with rhyme.

I did a lot of driving,
In states that numbered three,
And became quite obsessed
With all things BBC.

I spent time with my niblets
And with my tired, old folks.
I went to family home evenings
Where we sang and ate and joked.
I made a cake from homemade ice cream,
It was ugly but tasted grand,
Steph and I swam everyday
I’ve never been so tan!
Our presidency was busy
Slinging food for the Stake’s teens,

And making 300 lunches
For the folks who hoed Church beans.
I spent hours in my classroom
For which I won’t get paid
And subbed the mission prep class
Using high-tech  visual aids!

We hit the Grow reunion,
The biggest ever, says Guinness

And then there was the Book sale
I think those memories I’ll repress
I saw Krystal and Reed’s wedding
Reception cupcakes I did frost
I helped Ruby school shop,
And my sanity nearly lost.
School’s lurking on the horizon
Yet I will not despair!
First we’ll party with New Jenny,
And after that is fair!

As summer comes to a close,
It’s probably for the best.
I need school to start again
So I can get some rest!

1 comment:

Kar said...

I love me some poetry. Nicely done. Man, your school starts earrrrly.