My parents have lived in this house for thirty-something years, and every year my dad has run the Scout Camp/Girls Camp snow cone fundraiser from our driveway. All six H kids served time as snow cone sales people, and this year the torch was passed to the next generation as Warren introduced Kenna to the fine art of snow cone selling.
While I was trying (unsuccessfully, it turns out) to find photos of the original H kids selling snow cones, I found some other old photos that correlated to this weekend's activities.
For example, I found this photo of Spencer and Mikey (and Warren) cuddled up taking a snooze. This past week, Spence and Mikey and their very understanding brides spent the holiday in NYC... sharing a hotel room. History repeating itself once again!
And then there was this photo of Greg napping on the couch. And no, it wasn't taken at Christmas time. I'm not sure why the santa hat is there...
Which mirrors this photo of Greg sleeping in the same living room on a different couch (but possibly still wearing spider man undies) this week. Tradition!
And speaking of Greg and traditions, here he is getting ready to set off for his first day of school.
Yesterday, my parents sent him off to school again... this time so he can get back to his job at the BYU bookstore.
Greg should be pretty used to being shipped off by now...
The theme of the 2012 4th of July Holiday: The more things change...
... the more they stay the same.










3 comments:
Thanks for the great week. I wasn't sleeping in that picture I was doing my imitation of Stevie Wonder indexing. And Kenna was a great salesman but her apprentice needs some help.
I feel badly about not coming to the parade. It's just so HOT and so EARLY. I'm a bit of a holiday scrooge. It would have been good to see you and your fam.
Love the pictures you found! Wish we could have been there, it looks like fun!
Post a Comment