And I usually do know better.
When Diane says we should serve doughnuts after a broadcast, I say: Glazed or sprinkles?
When Diane says the main shade for our meeting color scheme should be pink, I say: Blush or rose?
If Diane were to recommend quacking like a duck, I would say: Mallard or Bufflehead?
If Diane were to suggest toilet papering the Stake President's home, I would say: Regular 1-ply or quilted 2-ply?
But I have to admit that, when Diane gave me this cute little shirt (emphasis on the LITTLE) and told me that it was "one size fits all", I caught myself thinking that perhaps, just this once, she might not have all of her Mallards or Buffleheads in a row.
I mean, the shirt (while a lovely shade of sage green) is the size of the doggie sweaters that my mom keeps wanting to buy for Chloe the neurotic bat-eared rat dog.
How could a shirt (despite having a delightfully silky texture) only slightly wider than a dollar bill really fit all? Sure, Diane was wearing the same shirt, but in pink, when she gifted me with the green one, and it did fit her really well, but still.
Since I was headed to IF (home of the many-sized H* women) for the Father's Day weekend, I decided I would put the one-size-fits-all claim to the test.
And guess what?
Diane was right.
We had such a great time trying the shirt on everyone in a two-ward radius, we couldn't resist picking up a few more in different colors. How could we not, considering they are only $5.
I can't believe I ever doubted Diane.
It will never happen again.
Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to brush up on my duck calls and start pricing 2-ply quilted toilet paper, just in case.

2 comments:
I've seen those at Walgreens and wanted to buy one, but I was worried that they would make me look fat(ter). But they make everyone look cute! And they are so soft and fun to touch. I think I'll have to get one for myself. When my husband lets me have money again.
that is amazing. never would have guessed.
Post a Comment