Monday, October 3, 2011

Dear President Bednar,

I enjoyed listening to your conference address ( Here ) on Saturday afternoon, and I thought you might like to know that my niblets are taking your technology/genealogy counsel very seriously.
Kenna may not be five years old yet, but she knows her ABC's and how to navigate the internet. I bet she could set a new record for indexing names for Family Search before she reaches the age of accountability.


And Kylie is a whiz on both the ipad and the ipod. With a former temple president and matron as her great grandparents, I'm sure she is destined to spend hours upon hours working on Temple-Ready On-Line. How soon is too soon to start working on Young Women's value projects?


And then there is Bubba. Sure, right now he is more interested in consuming technology in a very literal way (Would you like some ketchup on that remote, Bubba-licious?) but I'm sure it won't be long before he is begging for a turn to play bubble wrap or whack-a-mole on the ipod.


Just look at his two-year-old cousin. Milo has been surfing the internet as long as he has been walking. But not quite as long as he has been making his Popeye the Sailor Man picture face. He may have been a quick-study on the computer, but he came hard-wired with cute and fully loaded with goofy.

Only time can tell what talents Mr. Bubba has brought with him. But no matter what those talents are, I'm sure he will get an early start using them to build up the kingdom of God. But I'm sure his parents will be happy if he focuses his efforts right now on keeping squash in his face and not on his face. Texting and tweeting for temple work can wait for a while. At least until he's eight.


There should be a techno-family history cub scout badge by then, right?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Milo is anxious to get his hands on Grandma's ipad again. And today he asked me, "Where is MINDY?" You are missed.

Jenny said...

Or maybe it's your ipod that he is missing . . .

Janiece said...

I love indexing...and these darn kids are so amazing with computer/techno gadgets!
I can only imagine what they will be doing to help the gospel move along.

angelicindy said...

i LOVE all the photos of your family! Cute. Cute. Cute!