Monday, September 19, 2011

A Tale of Two Weekends

So, for the last few days, my brother Warren has been in New York visiting our brother Spencer. Well, he was kind of visiting Spencer, and kind of visiting his Raiders, who happened to be playing Spencer's Bills. Warren has loved the Raiders since he was in first grade, which is only about five years more than he has loved Spencer.
While Warren was in New York, his sweet wife brought their little girls and not-so-little baby boy to my cute little cow town to visit her family... and me!



I am always excited when they come to visit, but I have to admit that looking at the photos of how Spencer hosted Wo made me feel like a slacker hostess. I mean, Warren got to hang out in Spencer's wife's helicopter.


Warren's girls got to hang out in my Nissan. And not even an Ultima. A Sentra.

But those feelings of helicopter envy only lasted for a minute or two. Then I remembered that I am a pretty darn good hostess. Just ask my nephews. They think my Sentra is Awe-Freaking-some.

Sure, Spencer took Warren to eat Buffalo wings in the birthplace of Buffalo wings.

But I hooked his daughters up with all-you-can-drink chocolate milk. In sippy cups. Oh yeah.


Spencer hooked up Wo with a chance to hang out with the Raiders...

But I hooked the girls up with a chance to hang out with Chloe and Willow. And, for the record, Chloe and Willow have much cleaner bathroom habits than professional football players.

Warren watched the game from great seats in the stadium...

But the girls watched their dad watch the game on my TV while sitting in much more comfortable seats in my drunk-sports-fan-less living room. And then they watched cartoons.



I guess the most important thing to remember is that everyone enjoyed their weekend (except for Warren's baby Bubba, who was cutting teeth. And anyone who was around Bubba while he was cutting teeth. And the Raiders who lost to the. Bills in the last minute and fourteen seconds of the game). Buffalo and Burley both have their own unique charms and both appeal to a different demographic.


I just happen to be popular with the under-ten-set.


Of course, Tim Horton's will always be popular with me. So start airing out the guestroom, Spencer and Brianna (Yes, that was a comment on how Warren smells). I'll be out to see you this spring.

And I might want to take a little tour of that NFL locker room at some point too. After the Timbits, of course.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

It looks like both Warren and his girls had a great weekend. Hope everyone makes it home safely.

SAYDA said...

Cute! I bet those girls just have tons of fun with you. They are so cute! Your brother is so lucky.

Heehaws said...

Having been a guest in both cities I declare it a tie. Both are great places to visit and the food, sites and hosts are great.

Walt and Eileen said...

Miss H....love your blog.
Our cow town is lucky you have made it your town, too. Love all the books in your bookcase behind the photo with your darling nieces.
"A Tale of Two City Weekends" was a fun read.
Love, Los Petersen - Walt & Eileen
San Salvador