My favorite brother-in-law was kind enough to watch my Utah niblets so that my darling sister could come too.
The festival is held in Mt. Timpanogos park every Labor Day Weekend. The festival folks set up huge tents for story telling, medium sized tents for shopping, and small tents for fantastic food vendors. We went on Friday, and everything about that day was perfect.
We were able to hear five of the thirteen featured tellers, and two youth tellers. They were all amazing.
I was most excited about hearing my favorite storyteller/professional liar. That's him in the red hat. I heard him tell the first year I came, and then proceeded to buy up as many of his CD's as possible. When I found out that he was going to be featured again this year, I made sure that our day was planned so that we could see him as much as possible. And see him we did! We went to his morning and afternoon performances,.
But just a little.I came back from the festival with a ton of great stuff... CD's, a DVD, story-writing stuff, a shirt, a bag, an engraved rock, and a few other things. I think I spent enough to qualify as one of the donors for next year's festival.
One of my most favorite purchases was also my most random. I bought myself a rat puppet...wait a minute ...
One of my most favorite purchases was also my most random. I bought myself a rat puppet...wait a minute ...I bought myself a rat puppet.... No....
I bought myself a rat puppet...
The rest of the weekend was pretty fun too.
The baby listened to his first BYU football game with Pa.
And Ruby and I went hat shopping.
But all too soon it was time to go home, which was easier said than done.
And Ruby and I went hat shopping.The nibets did their darnedest to thwart our efforts to leave. I'm sure the thought of saying goodbye to their Darling Mindy and beloved Pa and Dam-ma was quite upsetting for them. They said they would miss us soooo much.
For more info on the festival, check out the website by clicking HERE. And if you want to hear or see any amazing stories by my favorite teller, or any of the other tellers I love, feel free to drop on by. Just be prepared to grade some papers while you listen. Its amazing how fast they stack up when I am gone for a day...

4 comments:
THANK YOU for taking that creepy rat puppet home. I will sleep much better knowing that it is at YOUR house. :)
Thanks for coming to the festival. It was a lot of fun. And thank you for not posting the weird face I made when you were stalking Mr. Lepp.
That sounds like it was such a fun trip! Awesome.
Also, I can't remember if I commented on your last post. I meant to...Hmm. I'll have to check. But in case I didn't, I wanted to say I wish that my 7th grade English teacher was as much fun as you are. You're probably one of the favorites. (Kid 1: Who'd you get for English? Kid 2: AWESOME! Miss H! Kid 1: Awww, MAN! I wish I was in Miss H's class!)
Wow, Ruby's eyelashes are roughly two miles long. Such pretty eyes. That looks like such a fun day! I'm tres jealous.
I was wondering how the festival was.
But...when I do not HAVE to be in Utah I do not go down that road!
It looks like it was awesome.
Post a Comment