You would have to be blind (snow blind, perhaps?) to miss the signs of summer's approach.
Sweet branch buddies are appearing on my stoop unannounced to invite me on bike rides (The bike ride invitation was last weekend. This weekend they will be arriving unannounced via snowmobile) .
The snow cone place has opened. Oh, Peach-colada-berry. I think I've missed you most of all!
Of course, all of that procrastination might have been in self defense. The alternative being thinking about the impending yearbook sorting and distribution stress-fest that is "the last two days of school".
Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! Yearbook Sorting and Distribution!!!!!!!!Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!Quick! Think about the hair! Covet the hair! Hurry!

Phew. That was close!
Now, lets continue procrastinating by playing a new game that I just invented called "Who is in in Line at Check Stand #6?"
The game is played like this... I go to Walmart to pick up the random odds and ends that I forgot to purchase during my Walmart run the previous day. You get to pretend to be the clerk and try to figure out who is buying these random items and for what purpose.
Don't feel bad if you can't figure it out. I go to Walmart, like, twelve times a week, so you will have plenty of opportunities to hone your skills.
So, if you were the clerk at check stand #6, who would you think is buying these items (extra sharp tent stakes, a shower curtain liner, raisin bran) and for what purpose?
A. A "Survivor-Man" wanna-be who is planning to attempt to survive a weekend in Massacre Rocks with nothing but a shower curtain liner tent, some cereal, and the clothes on her back.
B. A novice murderer who needs to dispose of a body and is somewhat confused about the term "serial killer".
C. A gardener with a black thumb who is planning on spending Saturday evening trying to rescue her newly planted garden from the late-May snowfall, and Sunday evening watching the finale of LOST while pretending to share a box of Dharma Crunch with Sayid and Sawyer.
D. An aspiring torturer preparing to do her homework from the Dick Cheney School of Interrogation who happens to have an affinity for dried fruit and a problem with irregularity.
or
E. (Insert your original guess here)

4 comments:
I'm about as unimaginative as they come, but my kids make up for it. I'm sure they could come up with something really cool. :)
Wait. Teach me how to rescue flowers from late May snowfall. I have no idea, and I'm worried my marigolds won't make it.
E. A Halloween costume. Some kind of Freddy idea. (He's the guy that's covered in weird sores (raisins from the cereal), and has hook hands (stakes), right? And isn't it always raining in the pictures of him, so he would need a poncho (or shower curtain) to keep the rain off?) Nightmare on Elm Street? If only I could find a picture right now. I bet, as an English teacher, you were loving the whole parentheses within the parentheses thing I just did there, huh?
I can not believe how cold it has been in B-town.
Kirk keeps giving me weather reports.
CRAZY!
Miss ya!
Post a Comment