Three years ago, I used my tax return to buy a laptop computer. Internet access was not in my new-teacher budget, so I was just planning on using it for typing related activities, such as worksheet building. But then a magical thing happened: I discovered that my apartment was an internet "hotspot". I have been using that providential internet connection ever since... until last month when it went all wonkey on me.
My posts and comments in March were somewhat infrequent due to my computers unconnectedness. April, however, has apparently brought my free-ride to an end.
So now I have to break down and get a real-live-honest-internet-connection. Which could be kind of tricky considering I am at school when the computer hook-up people need to come and do the hooky-uppy-thingy. But thankfully Elizabeth and Ratha have the internet... and I have a key to their house... so I should be able to continue my infrequent posts and comments until such as time as I can meet up with the internet people. Unless Elizabeth and Ratha take my key away. Which they probably won't do. Unless they wake up one night and find me in their living room checking my Google Reader. Which they probably won't. Becuase they are apparently really sound sleepers.
In other news, I am also kind of in the market for a new apartment or tiny house to rent in my beautiful stake. So if any of you locals have any ideas, please pass them along. Of course, you might need to send any ideas and or comments via smoke signals until I repent and legalize my internet connection. You could call me on my cell, but try not to call too late. Elizabeth and Ratha aren't that sound of sleepers.
7 comments:
So your free wifi has come to an end like mine. At least you had your connection longer than I did. That is a bummer. Good luck with the meeting of the computer people and good luck finding a new appartment/small house to rent or buy which ever you decided on.
I'm pretty sure there are places for you to live here in Utah. :)
As long as you are looking in the Stake - you might as well look in the Burley 3rd ward - best ward in the Stake! Burton ave and Burton Circle are great - I think there is a house on Burton Circle for sale. Thanks for letting us peek in on your blog - your un-official fan club president - Julie Peterson
You can always use our computer. Anytime! We go to bed late.I just love you!
I love to read your blog your blog makes me happy when I read it I love to come to your classes you make them fun you are a good friend to be with I love you so very much Mindy
Love,
Kristi
Good luck with the search-both internet and house-wise. And dude, I hate the internet hooky-up people. They're like, we can be there between 10:00 and 2:00. Why can't they say 10:45? And then usually they're late anyway. Sheesh. (Sorry about the rant; you can tell I have bad customer service karma.)
I don't know if you're such a "new teacher" anymore, Mindy! You are becoming what my department head used to call a "guru." She called me her "eighth grade guru." It made me feel pretty special. I think it's safe to say that you are an official "seventh grade guru." P.S. I got to drive Moose down to Utah! We blabbed the whole time. I got to visit with your mom and Warren and Jenny, too. I love every single person in your family. For reals. My sis is a lucky gal to have such amazing in-laws.
Post a Comment