While Wo and Becky were getting all fancy and swank-a-fied, sweet little Kylie asked where they were going. Warren told her they were going to a party with the governor. As is normal for six year olds, Kylie wasn't quite sure what a governor is, so Wo explained by telling her that a governor is kind of like the King of Idaho. That description really impressed his princess-movie-loving daughter.
Then, with a reverenced tone befitting a conversation about a "king", Kylie asked what his name was. "Governor Otter," her father replied. And suddenly Kylie's reverenced tone was gone.
She burst into laughter and exclaimed, "The King of Idaho is an OTTER?!?!" Which was followed by more laughter and then a decidedly un-reverenced, "How does anyone understand what he's saying?"
Someday, when Kylie is a little older, I will tell her an even funnier story about our governor and how he accidentally ended up in a certain kind of film ...
Ok, so maybe I will wait until she is A LOT older, but I think she is going to laugh just as much.






No comments:
Post a Comment