Sunday, September 28, 2014

My Town Has Real Animal Attraction

So I was reading one of the 20,000 articles about abuse that have been appearing daily on CNN.com  (courtesy of select NFL players) and made a seriously upsetting discovery: I am in an emotionally abusive relationship with the state of Idaho or, more specifically, it's state department of education.

No joke. Idaho and I fit eight of the ten warning signs. Eight!

But even though I have thought about leaving Idaho (Wyoming is a serious flirt!), I just can't bring myself to walk away from the state because I love my town too stinkin' much!

Case in Point: 

Two weeks ago, I showed up a little early for a hair appointment. 

While the lovely and talented McKenzie finished up with another client, I decided to check out the salon's magazine rack. I thought I might find some cute new style ideas in the hair magazines that the salon was bound to have because it is, you know, a hair salon.

And I was right... kind of.

The magazine on the top of the pile did feature a along mane of silky, slowing, well styled hair...

... the key word in that sentence being "mane."
Yes ladies and gentlemen, the top periodical in my local hair salon's magazine rack is Horse Illustrated. I cannot even express how happy that made me.

Almost as happy as my favorite sign makes me whenever I drive through town.

So Idaho, you had better thank your lucky stars that my little valley is so magical. But as soon as I can talk everyone body else in town into coming with me, I will sooooo kick you to the curb and high-tale it to the state next door who knows how to treat a lady teacher right.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I think you should head for the state down south - beehives are cool. :)

Kar said...

Haha! That horse has seriously gorgeous hair...