What NOT to wear on the 4th of July...
... because, well, you know.
In other news, all of my niblets who are participating in the summer challenge memorized half (or more) of their hymns/primary songs by the July 5th deadline, thereby earning a few rounds of laser tag at Blast Off.
If you recall, the purpose of this summer's challenge is to get some important gospel principles ingrained in their cute little brains so that their cute little brains can recall those principles when needed.
For example, imagine that a young person was engaged in some sort of competitive activity... playing laser tag, perhaps. If that young person had memorized some hymns or primary songs that taught the principles of kindness and Christ-like love, then he or she would be less likely to, I don't know, repeatedly shoot their aunt, even when she was on that young person's team?
Or not.
So in honor of the half-way prize to our summer hymn challenge, I have rewritten a hymn to teach a few other important principles.
The Laser Tag Song
(To be sung to the tune of "Behold! A Royal Army")
Behold a
niblet army in laser tagging gear.
Don’t let
their cuteness fool you, there’s plenty there to fear.
They earned
this little outing by learning some Church songs,
But if you
think that mellowed them, oh baby, you’d be wrong
Laser tag, laser tag! With tiny,
spazzy niblets!
Laser tag, laser tag! There’s not
one I can trust.
Who’d have thought laser tag could
bring out,
Little people’s blood lust (blood
lust)
They
memorized some lyrics about service and love,
But put some
weapons in their hands, they’ll push and yell and shove.
They can be
sweet and caring. They like me, that’s a fact!
But when it
comes down to it, they’d shoot me in the back.
Laser tag, laser tag! With tiny,
spazzy niblets!
Laser tag, laser tag! There’s not
one I can trust.
Who’d have thought laser tag could
bring out,
Little people’s blood lust (blood
lust)
I’d hoped
that they’d learn doctrine, while doing something fun,
But all that
doctrine vanished when they picked up those guns.
Oh sure,
they claim to love me, but on the battlefield
Each one
would gladly use me as their human shield.
Laser tag, laser tag! With tiny,
spazzy niblets!
Laser tag, laser tag! There’s not
one I can trust.
Who’d have thought laser tag could
bring out,
Little people’s blood lust (blood
lust)
(If you don't know/remember the tune, check out this handy-dandy sing-along video!)
Laser Tag Song from Mindy Haws on Vimeo.
(If you don't know/remember the tune, check out this handy-dandy sing-along video!)
Laser Tag Song from Mindy Haws on Vimeo.

1 comment:
Hahaha! This is seriously the greatest idea. Those kids are so lucky to have you as their auntie. And I totally sang that song in my head while I read your lyrics. Genius, genius, genius!
Post a Comment